UK release date for Paypal HERE

TheGamekeeper
Contributor
Contributor

Any news on this?

Info from Paypal?

There must be something.  The last release of info was March 2012!!!

Come on Paypal, us poor people here in the UK are desperately in need of this for our small businesses.

I appreciate any response given, won't hold my breath though!!

Dave

Login to Me Too
26 REPLIES 26

PayPal_paula

Hi craftybird, 

As I have advised the PayPal here is already available. 

You would not get a specific timeframe on when you would receive yours and it can vary from customer to customer. 

Paula 

Login to Me Too

kirsty133
New Community Member

I too am waiting for details of when I can order PayPal Here in UK. The information page still says "it's coming soon" - it's not available to order yet 😞

Login to Me Too

Glittering
Contributor
Contributor
There doesn't appear to be any option to purchase yet. The FAQs still say summer 2013 for release in UK - which this is (summer 2013). I'd be happy to purchase one and wait for delivery but that's not possible. It says it will cost £99 but there's nowhere to place an order.
Login to Me Too

bazcurtis
Contributor
Contributor

I am still getting not available in your contry.

Login to Me Too

TheGamekeeper
Contributor
Contributor
I've just received notification that I have been "chosen" to use paypal here in the uk. As I have waited so long I had to use someone else. Paypal want £99 for the card reader!! The other company I used charged me £38 for my reader!! Paypal need to reduce the price of the reader before I buy it.
Login to Me Too

windmillcars
Contributor
Contributor

Where did you get your card reader for £38 & what percentage or any outher charges are there ?

Login to Me Too

SianH
New Community Member

How come in the USA you don't pay for the reader? and in the UK they are going to charge £99 that just doesn't seem fair! and would put me off getting one, as I feel ripped off.

Login to Me Too

TheGamekeeper
Contributor
Contributor
Well, I contacted Paypal regarding this & have had a response saying thank you for your input!! Not a good conclusive result. Is this a viable solution for small business here in the UK, I don't think so, especially as it has already been stated that the reader is free in the states! Britain gets ripped off again!!!
Login to Me Too

craftybird
Contributor
Contributor

I'm seriously considering using another provider now.  Being vague, not to mention selective about who receives this reader and when really isn't instilling confidence and I'm losing sales at every fair and market because I don't take cards.  I really don't think this is good enough, particularly from such a large and prominent business.

Login to Me Too

focusedhypnosis
Contributor
Contributor

I am getting very frustrated with the wait! I NEED this device for my business to continue to grow. I have looked at other devices like Paypal Here but they are all from no-mark businesses that my customers will never have heard of and will be very suspicious of. The only way I think the public will tollerate putting their pin number into a device linked to a retailer's phone is if it is backed up by a global brad they are either signed up to or have at least heard of.

This means I am over a barrel. I need to be able to take payments on the go but can't afford to go anywhere else.

As for the cost of the chip & pin device I see it as a small price to pay. The comparrison with the USA is false. They have a tiny plastic magnatic strip reader that plugs directly into the phone. The UK is getting a chip and pin device that connects via Bluetooth and took AGES to develop (hence the MASSIVE wait!) 

I would gladly pay double for the reader if it meant I got it tomorrow!

Come on Paypal....get em sent out! We NEED them!!!!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.