UK release date for Paypal HERE

TheGamekeeper
Contributor
Contributor

Any news on this?

Info from Paypal?

There must be something.  The last release of info was March 2012!!!

Come on Paypal, us poor people here in the UK are desperately in need of this for our small businesses.

I appreciate any response given, won't hold my breath though!!

Dave

Login to Me Too
26 REPLIES 26

PayPal_paula

Hi TheGameKeeper, 

As of yet a date for the PayPal HERE for the UK has not yet been released. 

Be assured I will post once I have a date for you. 

Thanks 

Paula 

Login to Me Too

sparkykev1
New Community Member

This is well needed in the uk. Why is there an issue with uk payments?

Any idea of a possible date?

Login to Me Too

J88HNB
Contributor
Contributor

HI Paula, I appreciate you don't have a specific date for PayPal HERE UK release, but do you have any idea if it's weeks/months/years away etc?

Thanks in advance.

Login to Me Too

bazcurtis
Contributor
Contributor

I have to agree. This was announced last March. It is coming up to a year and Paypal can't give us a release date.

Why the delay? I really wish companies wouldn't announce products that have no chance of shipping in a reasonable timeframe. Given the announcement was in March, I would have expected later summer at least, not nearly a year later.

Best wishes

Michael

Login to Me Too

TheGamekeeper
Contributor
Contributor

Still waiting for this.

I've had to go with another company in the meantime - not happy at all.  Means a delay in me getting my funds due to a 7 day wait.

Paypal really needs to get their act together on this, once people go with a provider they tend to stick with them.  I believe that Paypal is losing a lot of revenue here in the UK because of this delay.

Dave

Login to Me Too

TheGamekeeper
Contributor
Contributor

Some news would be good about this.

The other counterparts really aren't up to scratch.

UK small business NEEDS this.

Login to Me Too

craftybird
Contributor
Contributor
Is there a specific date yet for this? All I can find is "in the summer 2013". Be helpful to get this before the summer craft fairs kick in.
Login to Me Too

PayPal_paula

Hi ALL, 

PayPal here has been launched. To express your interest in it please follow the link below. 

https://www.paypal.com/webapps/mpp/credit-card-reader

Thanks 

Paula 

Login to Me Too

craftybird
Contributor
Contributor
I've already filled this in. All I get is "coming soon" or "summer 2013". We need a specific date, it's getting increasingly frustrating, especially as I am regularly losing sales due to not being able to take card payments at fairs and markets. I chose to wait for Paypal service as I felt people were more likely to trust this kind of device/service. I'm beginning to regret this decision.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.