Transferring money in USD from a dollar account in the UK to another sterling account in the UK

jazmine002
Contributor
Contributor
Can someone transfer money in USD from a dollar account in the UK to my sterling paypal account or current account, if it's possible is there any fee?
Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

They can only transfer dollars if you can set your paypal account to receive dollar payments. (You can add a currency as you can accept more than one currency).

You will have to then convert it to sterling in your paypal account incurring currency conversion charges if you want to transfer it to your bank account.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

jazmine002
Contributor
Contributor
Many thanks for your help, I'll look into how I can set my papal account to receive dollars and enquire about the cost of the currency conversion charge.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

If you look in your paypal account on the line where your balance is look to the right and click on the word currency conversion > in there you can add a currency. I think in there is the currency conversion fee table as well but not sure as it changes daily.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

marin1997
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks Kernowlass   I presume in Cornwall ?? As am I.Not using dollar account and want to transfer to my sterling account.Will try as you suggest.Thanks

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.