Transaction cancelled,but the money is not back into my bank account x.x

Strayx
Contributor
Contributor

Well i was going to add funds to my Psn wallet,everything goes alright ,i choose paypal as the method, log in with my account, and clicked buy,right after i clicked it showed a message saying that there was an error in the transaction, i went and checked my paypal account and saw the amount i was going to add (around 80$ ) and it says cancelled in the status,but when i checked my back account, the amount was already taken from it and not returned yet.

Will i get my refund soon? since it was a compromise with a friend of mine, i don't like leaving him waiting after he handed the money to me to do they payment  Smiley Sad

Login to Me Too
12 REPLIES 12

Jdizzy
New Community Member

I sent money to my friend. The money was teken out of my bank. My friend cancelled the transaction. The money is not in my paypal balance or in my bank account. How long will this take to happen.? And if it takes more than a week that is unacceptable, and I will never use PayPal again and will switch to Venmo. I already had problems with a person on PayPal through customer support harassing me. I'm getting really **bleep** off with you guys. This transaction needs to be done soon. Have a nice day Smiley Happy

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

This arises because your seller has refunded you before your initial payment to them has cleared from your bank to PayPal.

When you sent your payment, the money is not instantly transferred from your bank account to the recipient’s PayPal account. Instead paypal instantly credit the recipient's PayPal account on your behalf and simultaneously request the same amount from your bank account to reimburse themselves.

It takes 5-7 business days for the money to arrive from your bank to PayPal (same timeframe and method as an eCheque in fact). If your Instant Bank Transfer is refunded, this refund cannot be completed until paypal receive the money from your bank to cover the original payment paypal made.

Contrary to ignorant people who don't know the facts posting on this thread it is NOT INSTANT as paypal use electronic transfer for bank transfers AND NOT wire transfer so it has to go through automated clearing and even the banks will tell you this takes 3-4 working days.

The reason it appears instant is that paypal CREDIT a seller for you when you pay so you get your item more quickly and then they take the wait for your funds to process to paypal to reimburse themselves.

A ‘Temporary Hold’ is ‘Placed’ on your refund while your bank processes your initial transfer request. When paypal receive the money from your bank, it will be credited to your PayPal balance.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Rellis
New Community Member
Tried to buy a egift card from walmart walmart said my payment method isnt verified...it worked last time...any way it was cancelled... i called walmart had them fix it... now im waiting for the money to get put back on. How long does it take? i payed with paypal balance not the bank as there are no funds in it. Any help would be great
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.