Transaction cancelled,but the money is not back into my bank account x.x

Strayx
Contributor
Contributor

Well i was going to add funds to my Psn wallet,everything goes alright ,i choose paypal as the method, log in with my account, and clicked buy,right after i clicked it showed a message saying that there was an error in the transaction, i went and checked my paypal account and saw the amount i was going to add (around 80$ ) and it says cancelled in the status,but when i checked my back account, the amount was already taken from it and not returned yet.

Will i get my refund soon? since it was a compromise with a friend of mine, i don't like leaving him waiting after he handed the money to me to do they payment  Smiley Sad

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

When you pay a seller it is never instant > paypal credit the seller for you and then start the process of uploading your funds to paypal from your funding source.

This is done so you get your item more quickly.

So when you cancel that payment  those funds can't do a u-turn > they have to process through to paypal who will then either return them to your funding source (if you paid with a debit or credit card), or credit your paypal balance (if it was funded from your balance or instant bank transfer), but that takes a few days and sometimes up to a week.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
12 REPLIES 12
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

When you pay a seller it is never instant > paypal credit the seller for you and then start the process of uploading your funds to paypal from your funding source.

This is done so you get your item more quickly.

So when you cancel that payment  those funds can't do a u-turn > they have to process through to paypal who will then either return them to your funding source (if you paid with a debit or credit card), or credit your paypal balance (if it was funded from your balance or instant bank transfer), but that takes a few days and sometimes up to a week.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

kittykris
New Community Member

I put incorrect e mail address and funds were unclaimed so I cancelled payment. Will the balance stay in PP or go back into my bank? 

Login to Me Too

Strayx
Contributor
Contributor

Oh well, i'll have to wait then , i hope the money is back next week so we can buy our games, Thanks for replying.

Login to Me Too

Laurieem
New Community Member

Did you get the money back yet?

Login to Me Too

AleksandrV
New Community Member

I have same problem i try to buy month membership in psn and it gaveme error  and say try again in 3min.then i try again and same error.then i see from my bank was 100 eur gone like 50 and 50= 2 errors. now more then week money still not back. how long it took you to get back money ? very bad error by sony network. now for sure i will go in shop and buy psn card after il get money back

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Anna

Hi AleksandrV,

Welcome to the Community Forum!

I'm very sorry to hear you are having difficulties with ordering your membership due to technical error.

It looks like the funds were only temporarily held and should be automatically released for you. In this situation I would recommend you contacting directly with your bank and the merchant to resolve it ASAP.

I would also like to review your account to make sure everything is alright on it, could you contact us please?

You have few options when trying to contact customer services. You can call or send an email through the Contact Us page on PayPal. You can also contact us directly on Twitter @AskPayPal or on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/PayPalUK and we can assist you with any queries that you have.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Anna

Login to Me Too

donna200909
New Community Member

I sent two payments to a wrong e-mail address and canceled right away called my bank next day as I noticed the two payments were takin from my account, but couldn't get it refunded told to contact pay pal and I was told id get it back 2 weeks now and nothing,

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Click on the words "Contact" at the bottom of your paypal account summary > click on the "call us" option on the left (fees "may" apply so check the cost with your phone tariff first, as you sometimes have to wait a while to connect).

When you get through don't select any options just hang on till you get transfered to an agent or say the word "agent".

OR have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?

It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPalUK and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

neworleans
Contributor
Contributor

I have had very few refunds over the years. Most were, through no fault of mine, when the largest discount American retailer has (non-ebay transaction) cancelled my orders after receiving immediate payments from Paypal.  I have been shocked at how long it takes to get the money back into my bank account or even to show up as a paypal balance so I can use the funds again.

My daughter who is a CPA told me that businesses delay returning refunds so that they can use the millions of dollars (known as FLOATS in the business world) for "overnight" loans in the international loan system.

My family all loved using our individual accounts with Paypal over the years for the security afforded our bank accounts.  We have had very, very few refunds, but when we do, we find it totally unacceptable to wait 10 days to have the funds even show up as a paypal balance to be used again.

Paypal should make the refund policy much more clear to its millions of users.  It is so obvious that this policy is the most misunderstood of all the Paypal policies.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.