This payment cannot be completed and your account has not been charged.

Doyen
Contributor
Contributor

Dear Team,

Since three days ago I'm getting the below error, I wanted to know what the problem is ? 
Please note I have 4 credit cards with different banks in my account and I check with all of them.
I dont have any open case in Resolation Center.

This payment cannot be completed and your account has not been charged. Please contact your merchant for more information.

Return to merchant and try a different payment method

We are not able to process your payment using your PayPal account at this time. Please return to the merchant's website and try using a different payment method (if available).

Login to Me Too
66 REPLIES 66

tiernan123

i got the same today i dont no what to do 

Login to Me Too

amibabiix

Im having same problem 😞 iv tried to pay for item today and it said payment processing which it never does, it always goes straight through, and then couple of hours later i had a msg on ebay to say ayment had failed but i put money in bank yesterday to pay, just tried to pay again and it said same again, payment processing!! this is annoying as the item is a birthday gift and meant to be here by monday 😞

need answers???

xxx

Login to Me Too

jackelface

I'm having the same problem too! But for me i put the money on my Paypal account so it has nothing to do with credit cards or anything! and i was always able to buy things perfectly fine from ebay before last night! and i do have enough money in my account for the item! Please tell me what i can do, i got an answer from the ebay site and they said to delete all my cookies from my browser because it could be something to do with the cache, but i did that and it still has the same problem! so i believe it must be something wrong with paypal!

Login to Me Too

charlie111
Contributor
Contributor

I faced the same problem too. Contacted paypal back and forth, based on their advices, added bank account and got VERIFIED but still didn't work. So I tried something else. I bought from another merchant(near to my country) and it went through. After that I went back to the previous merchant(US) whom I had a problem with the error message, but this time it went through. I'm not sure whether if paypal did something but if they didn't , that means the system may have lockup but perhaps my action of going to another trader(another country) may have unlock it.

Anyway, it is working for me now and for others, don't give up, I'm sure it will work out in the en

Login to Me Too

mexcracker
New Community Member

After speaking to representative concerning this and their only suggestion is to have my buyer send another invoice which costs the seller additional money to send I am certain that this "problem" of theres is another way to generate more funds on each transaction.  I personally hope someone opens a class action against paypal to put a fire under their butt to rectify things.

Login to Me Too

edisonlee33
New Community Member

Hi, i am a new ebayer a few days ago.

Last friday i bid a bike and finnaly win the bid. When i was about to pay, i got that error "This payment cannot be completed and your account has not been charged.". I tried a lot since this bike is my dreaming bike and stay all night long watching and biding ! But it seems PayPal would not let me pay and keep getting this error, so anoying !!!

I tried both of my VISA and MASTER card on paying ,after that i went to the bank for help . And their officers told me both of my cards work fine and it already generates 19.9 dollars fees when during the paying..............

Now, may I know how and why take my money even when i cannot pay my bike ? And is this a bug of your payment system?

BTW: i am from China, and my card is also Chinese cards.

Login to Me Too

Karolinger
Contributor
Contributor

I'm having the same problem.

My Credit Card's bank has informed me right now that there isn't currently any failed charge attempts made by Paypal or anyone else; so, it is NOT going thru my CC.

Login to Me Too

Karolinger
Contributor
Contributor

Are you all buying on eBay? Perhaps the problem is with eBay, and not with Paypal. Or maybe the problem is with both. I bet you all are buying on eBay.

Login to Me Too

haniobaid
Contributor
Contributor

Nope it' not ebay, I'm having the same issue with a different merchant, but when using any payment method other than paypal with the same credit card, it goes through. It's very clearly a paypal bug. one of many I might add.

Login to Me Too

LuckyLatvia
Contributor
Contributor

Im buying from steam and same error. Steam cannot deny it 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.