This payment cannot be completed and your account has not been charged.

Doyen
Contributor
Contributor

Dear Team,

Since three days ago I'm getting the below error, I wanted to know what the problem is ? 
Please note I have 4 credit cards with different banks in my account and I check with all of them.
I dont have any open case in Resolation Center.

This payment cannot be completed and your account has not been charged. Please contact your merchant for more information.

Return to merchant and try a different payment method

We are not able to process your payment using your PayPal account at this time. Please return to the merchant's website and try using a different payment method (if available).

Login to Me Too
66 REPLIES 66

squidged
New Community Member

Im having the same problem, even though i just transfered the ammount needed into my paypal account, so it must have nothing to do with the card issuer but directly a problem with the paypal site!

Login to Me Too

Qhloe
New Community Member

Same problem here. 😞 Stop telling us the merchant is denying the sale, I know that isn't the case.  I'm afriad ebay will relist my item.  Any suggestions?

Login to Me Too

charlie111
Contributor
Contributor

I'm facing the same problem too. 
The problem is with Paypal as there's money in my paypal account. So definitely it is not related to  topping up  paypal account. It is more of fund not  being able to be transfer from buyer's paypal  account to merchant's paypal account.. 
Paypal, plz solve the problem and not push it to buyer and seller

Login to Me Too

Zohan7000
Contributor
Contributor

I have money in my account but getting same error see merchant message will cancel my PayPal when I get my money out

Login to Me Too

juanjun

I had the problem saying paypal set this payment to , the payment has not been completed. What had paypal set the payment to? Please someone get back to me asap.

Login to Me Too

epsa
Contributor
Contributor

to phil321 :

probably the message appears in order to cover multiple problems. your solution works. thanks.

also the message :This payment cannot be completed and your account has not been charged. Please contact your merchant for more information. means that there is a problem with the merchant not the card issuer as the person with the name PayPal_Siobhán says. therefore we should seek a solution with the merchant. if thats not the case then the message is wrong and the syntax is also poor.  at least this is what i understand with the use of my poor enlgish.

Login to Me Too

Nitro72
New Community Member

Phil, you are the man! Thank you. Your solution worked for me. Franky paypal is not the world's most loved pay service as they (paypal) claims. It **bleep** and poorly intergrates with many of the credit card providers.

Login to Me Too

sam7
Contributor
Contributor

your star phil321!! worked just so fine for me.... thank you

Login to Me Too

FranaDale

Hi Phil,

This one works with me! btw, Im still using the same card.. Thanks for this tip!

And i think its not that your card issuer is declining the payment,

as what PayPal_Siobhan said, because it works..

I think its their system has a bug or something!

Login to Me Too

bazreth
Contributor
Contributor

thankyou phil

i was having the same problem..but at checkout instead of paying with paypal account i went with the option of paying with debit/credit card instead..used the same card as the card connected with my paypal account and the purchase was complete..i dont know what really was the problem ..maybe its ebay maybe its paypal,,,,it was really frustrating!!!

p.s i deleted cookies before i did this...dont know if that helped too aswell

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.