The site won't let me confirm my email address so that I can except a refund

MrAngry
New Community Member

I've had the email with the confirm button but when I click on it I just keep going round in circles. It gives me a confirmation number to enter but there is nowhere to enter it. 

Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7

PayPal_david

Hi there MrAngry,

If the link in the confirmation email we sent you doesn't work, you can confirm your email address using the 20-digit code by following the steps that I have included below:

1. Go to www.paypal.co.uk and log in to your account.
  2. Click ‘Confirm email address’ under ‘Notifications.’
  3. Click ‘Click here if the button does not appear in the email.’
  4. Enter the 20-digit code from the email we sent you and click ‘Confirm.’  

I hope this helps with getting your email address confirmed on your PayPal account.

David.

Login to Me Too

Graeme88
Contributor
Contributor

Hey i need help with mine i used my other email, to sell items on ebay by mistake..

So i need to add it to paypal so i can get my money..

But when i try it won't let me, it comes this

''We're sorry. We're having a temporary problem with our system and your request did not go through. Please try again in a few hours''

Yet it still sends me the confirm email link, when i click and put my paypal password

in it comes up like its wrong.. Any reason for this? I also have no where to put th code thing

to do it that way.

Login to Me Too

Ali93
New Community Member

Im having exactly the same problem! i sold items through an old email address and im trying to add it to get my money and that error code comes up as well as numerous confirmation emails which are clearly not true!

Did you ever work out a way of getting around this? or am i going to have to ring paypal for hours again?

thanks

Login to Me Too

onlineuser34
Contributor
Contributor

HI

I also have this same problem so if anyone knows how to solve it please let me know.

Thanks

Login to Me Too

Yabekwekul
New Community Member
Someone on eBay bought my jacket and sent the money to my PayPal, I had an email saying this payment had been made but the email was unconfirmed so I click the link and it says the password was wrong even though it was not. I also changed the password and it still says the same thing. I can sign on to PayPal otherwise completely fine but I cannot confirm the email address that the money was sent to and on my account the payment isn't there on my history. I've now added a new email address and confirmed that one no problem I just don't k ow now how to get the money onto my account !
Login to Me Too

Bubblesmk45
Contributor
Contributor
My suggestion to anyone having the same issue is to download the PayPal app and email directly from that. I received a response within 12 hours and the guy replying had to manually confirm my email address. There is an issue at PayPal.
Login to Me Too

lostcourse
New Community Member

Hi like all you other folk i am having the same problem in adding a new e mail address no matter how many times i try it comes up with the same answer,iv'e spent a small fortune trying to get help from customer services no good as a pensioner not impressed.Think iv'e spent +more than iv'e made trying to sort this.

lostcourse

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.