Sorry, we aren't able to complete your request at this time.

handlep
Contributor
Contributor

Hi folks, can anyone advise on this please?

This morning I made an ebay purchase, and immediately went through the checkout.  All seemed OK until I clicked the button to complete the purchase, and I got this message:

If you encounter this message more than once, please contact us, and we'll do our best to help.

I tried several more times, and even had ebay in an online chat trying to help, but no joy.  I also tried on a different computer, but that did not help.  Then, I tried again, but this time instead of using my Paypal balance (which is in $US) to pay, I selected a direct payment from my bank - and this all went through without an issue.  I wasn't sure if that was coincidence or not, but there was no way of determining that, so I was just happy the transaction worked.

Problem is, I have just made another purchase, and I have exactly the same problem, at the final point of completing the transaction, I get:
If you encounter this message more than once, please contact us, and we'll do our best to help.
Does anyone know why this is happening, and how I can fix it please?  Many thanks in advance for any help.  Pete.

Login to Me Too
35 REPLIES 35

PayPal_Siobhán

Hi there cynys,

Have you managed to complete these payments yet?

This error does not sound like the payment is being declined, it sounds like a server error when checking out on eBay which normally don't last too long!

Siobhan  

Login to Me Too

houseitup2010
Contributor
Contributor

right now its over 4 months .

how long is 'long' in paypals eyes before they will fix it ?

pathetic

Login to Me Too

juneling
New Community Member

Similar problem as above but error code is 10417 ????????????????????????????????

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Siobhán

Hi there houseitup2010,

Contact us directly by phone or email and we can review your account specifically, we can only give general advice on the forum and suggestions as to what may be the problem.

Siobhan

Login to Me Too

houseitup2010
Contributor
Contributor

thanks for reply - i did contact paypal a few times.

they claimed various pathetic things ...

1 - no problem known

2 - use firefox

3 - clear cookies

i know , laughable !!!!

i gave up after several calls and emails cos you either dont care or are too thick to solve problem .

i pad £5 more and bought from amazon - now that is what i call a service !!!!!

and i paid using a REAL proper professional bank to pay , not a micky mouse E-purchase scheme like PP

why dont you just post the error code message up , or fix problem .

ps - everyone read   paypals.u.c.k. s . com [take out teh dots]

Login to Me Too

karissea
New Community Member

Im a verified user of paypal been using ebay for years , i live in the UK everything about my account is kept tip top & never had any problems before but today has been what i can only describe the most frustrating parcel of rubbish i have ever encountered.  Firstly I bought & tried to pay for items on ebay & got the error message saying we cannot complete your request please try later. As described by everyone else I have been unable to pay for these items & in the end decided to phone paypal customer services where i was told that they did not know the reason why as my account was not restricted etc but that internal security had blocked the payment & to give it two hours & try again which i did . Same thing happened again only this time i gets another message up saying my account had been restricted to please phone customer services , this time i spoke to a man who put me on hold for 5 to 6 minutes came back on & said you can use your account to pay for your ebay goods now no problems . so again i tried to pay for the goods & tried again six times there after until i had enough & spoke again to customer services who told me the first attempt was blocked & there after everytime i tried to pay the internal security blocked every attempt & it might be unblocked within 48 hours she was very vague & could only say she could not overide the internal security system she said there was nothing she could do to help & suggested i contact the seller & request a seperate invoice be sent through paypal , which i have successfully paid however i have others waiting to be paid & i am also selling stuff on ebay but i am disgusted to read on these forums that it is an ongoing problem that paypal are aware of since may june of this year & still good customers like myself are having to be inconvienced .  Therefore ive decided that after ive paid for the rest of my goods & sold what im selling im closing my ebay & paypal accounts because if as stated in earlier posts the payment attempts made by me all come out of my bank account at some future date & i become overdrawn i will be contacting the financial ombudsman with regard to this .   I am appalled that on 3 different occasions of phoning them that i was given three different fobbed off excuses for what now appears to be a major problem within the ebay/paypal system .   

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.