Sorry, we aren't able to complete your request at this time.

handlep
Contributor
Contributor

Hi folks, can anyone advise on this please?

This morning I made an ebay purchase, and immediately went through the checkout.  All seemed OK until I clicked the button to complete the purchase, and I got this message:

If you encounter this message more than once, please contact us, and we'll do our best to help.

I tried several more times, and even had ebay in an online chat trying to help, but no joy.  I also tried on a different computer, but that did not help.  Then, I tried again, but this time instead of using my Paypal balance (which is in $US) to pay, I selected a direct payment from my bank - and this all went through without an issue.  I wasn't sure if that was coincidence or not, but there was no way of determining that, so I was just happy the transaction worked.

Problem is, I have just made another purchase, and I have exactly the same problem, at the final point of completing the transaction, I get:
If you encounter this message more than once, please contact us, and we'll do our best to help.
Does anyone know why this is happening, and how I can fix it please?  Many thanks in advance for any help.  Pete.

Login to Me Too
35 REPLIES 35

septemberblueuk
Contributor
Contributor

it was after loging in to PayPal account while trying to complete the checkout on my eBay account?

Login to Me Too

adm519
New Community Member

Same problem started early today for me. This is what I posted to ebay support [I believe it's a problem with ebay in the handover phase of the purchase to PP]:

I am attempting to pay for item <number provided> [£62 total], but after the 'Review you purchase' page I get an error [Error code #10001] 'Sorry we aren't able to complete your request at this time'. I tried to pay immediately after winning the item at 00:35 BST 20th July and a few mins ago 07:50 BST 20th July - both attempts met with this response. I can log-in to Paypal without issue but if I specify 'Pay for ebay items' it just takes me back to the ebay site journey ending in this error. Please urgently update on the status.

Login to Me Too

houseitup2010
Contributor
Contributor

same ehre #10001 error 10001 unable to complete .

dont you hate the nasty system and support ?

why dont they put a message not just a code - then we will know what problem is

why dont they list codes and meaning online

why dont they list solutions

why why why is synonemous with ebay

when you ask ebay support they they say clear cookies LOL ,  then try firefox LOL , then try another pc LOLz , then im uable to replicate your errror try again arghhhh LOL , then EBAY SAY go to paypal , then paypal say go to ebay ARGHHHHHH  , then i go here find laods of other people with problem and NOBODY from ebay or paypal bothers to reply .

pathetic comedy of crap support , broken systems , lack of info , and inept support - the paypal employee makes it sound so easy just contact us . it isnt that simple to contact ebay or paypal as tehy alsways direct you to the cheap alternative - community based support or VIRTUAL agents . its a joke . imagine barclays ora real bank doing this ramshackle inept support , there are pages and pages about this crap comedy error online

https://www.paypal-community.com/t5/Buying-with-PayPal/Ebay-unable-to-complete-request/td-p/257234/h...

https://www.paypal-community.com/t5/Sending-and-receiving-money/Sorry-we-aren-t-able-to-complete-you...

https://www.paypal-community.com/t5/Buying-with-PayPal/wat-the-heck-is-with-the-error-when-you-go-to...

sort this crap out ebay paypal - its a JOKE . im going to amazon and pay the extra £5 for my item , this is a JOKE

Login to Me Too

joan33
Contributor
Contributor

Hi

Same problem for me, I've tried several times to pay for ebay purchases over the last 24 hours, either straight from my bank or with a credit card, always get the same message on the very last page "sorry, we weren't able to complete your request at this time"  Can't see any reason for it, getting very frustrated!

Login to Me Too

carl-p
Contributor
Contributor
I am having this problem. I get the error after typing in my password to paypal pop when go to pay for my item on ebay
Login to Me Too

pulse
New Community Member

I am having the same problem since a WEEK ago.

I am going nuts!

Login to Me Too

joan33
Contributor
Contributor

Eventually I narrowed it down to just one item - paid for the others one by one and they were fine.  On getting in touch with Paypal they had no record at all of this particular item (there was nothing unusual about it as far as I could see, but it just was not showing on their system).  Ebay were unable to help. I gave up and paid by postal order (cost an extra£1!) and haven't had the problem on any thing else since - so far!

Login to Me Too

Milos
New Community Member

This happened to me aswell.

When I want to pay for the item at the checkout (where you select payment method) after I press the "Continue" button I get this error:

This happens before I am asked to enter my PayPal credentials.

Also, I tried using: ebay.co.uk, ebay.com, ebay.ca, ebay.de, ebay.com.au and I get the same error everywhere.

Also, I tried to remove link to my paypal account, and still getting the same error.

Please advise.

Login to Me Too

kezzani
Contributor
Contributor

I'm still getting this **bleep** message and I'm trying to pay from my bank account.

Its driving me absolutely CRAZY

PAYPAL please sort this.

I was logged into my paypal account then when I go to pay for ebay item it asks me to log into my account a grey square type box comes up then proceeds to next page all looks good then tells me

Your request could not be processed at this time
Help- opens in a new window or tab
error

I have sent several messages to Paypal and no relevant info back

Login to Me Too

pisherwood44
New Community Member

Hi,

I have exactly the same problem with the last three payments. Ebay said I need to contact paypal. My paypal account shows one of the paymenst as being completed but all three sllers said that they have not received my payment. The items were all bought from ebay uk in uk sterling. Nightmare!!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.