Sorry, we aren't able to complete your request at this time.

handlep
Contributor
Contributor

Hi folks, can anyone advise on this please?

This morning I made an ebay purchase, and immediately went through the checkout.  All seemed OK until I clicked the button to complete the purchase, and I got this message:

If you encounter this message more than once, please contact us, and we'll do our best to help.

I tried several more times, and even had ebay in an online chat trying to help, but no joy.  I also tried on a different computer, but that did not help.  Then, I tried again, but this time instead of using my Paypal balance (which is in $US) to pay, I selected a direct payment from my bank - and this all went through without an issue.  I wasn't sure if that was coincidence or not, but there was no way of determining that, so I was just happy the transaction worked.

Problem is, I have just made another purchase, and I have exactly the same problem, at the final point of completing the transaction, I get:
If you encounter this message more than once, please contact us, and we'll do our best to help.
Does anyone know why this is happening, and how I can fix it please?  Many thanks in advance for any help.  Pete.

Login to Me Too
35 REPLIES 35

suebroo
Contributor
Contributor

Yep, same here, trying to pay for an item that was half a balance and the rest from my debit card.

Getting error code

Error code #10417
Login to Me Too

Archie72

Same here, trying to pay direct from my bank in pounds sterling for an ebay UK purchase. When it happened last week, I was able to pay as a guest without logging in, but now PayPal is giving me an error code if I try to do that. I have an ebay seller waiting for payment and am not a happy bunny.

Login to Me Too

houseitup2010
Contributor
Contributor

error

- just fix the problem paypal , or show us what codes mean etc .
'doing your best to help' .... well if this is your best , then i would hate to see your worst cos your making aright pigs ear mess of this paypal ebay . poor support that is what is boils down to with inability to fix or find solution . useless - if you have a paypal prob like this you are on your own so dont bother wasting time trying to work it out of the whole shambles of contacting paypal or posting on forums , just forget paypal and choose another payment method as it wwont get fixed and it will be a  lot quicker for you .
Login to Me Too

houseitup2010
Contributor
Contributor

im in uk , trying to pay uk , i have lots of funds to use , and can also use a card if need be . ERROR #10001 cant complete .

same here #10001 error 10001 unable to complete .

dont you hate the nasty system and support ?

why dont they put a message not just a code - then we will know what problem is

why dont they list codes and meaning online

why dont they list solutions

why why why is synonemous with ebay

when you ask ebay support they they say clear cookies LOL ,  then try firefox LOL , then try another pc LOLz , then im uable to replicate your errror try again arghhhh LOL , then EBAY SAY go to paypal , then paypal say go to ebay ARGHHHHHH  , then i go here find laods of other people with problem and NOBODY from ebay or paypal bothers to reply .

pathetic comedy of crap support , broken systems , lack of info , and inept support - the paypal employee makes it sound so easy just contact us . it isnt that simple to contact ebay or paypal as tehy alsways direct you to the cheap alternative - community based support or VIRTUAL agents . its a joke . imagine barclays ora real bank doing this ramshackle inept support , there are pages and pages about this crap comedy error online

https://www.paypal-community.com/t5/Buying-with-PayPal/Ebay-unable-to-complete-request/td-p/257234/h...

https://www.paypal-community.com/t5/Sending-and-receiving-money/Sorry-we-aren-t-able-to-complete-you...

https://www.paypal-community.com/t5/Buying-with-PayPal/wat-the-heck-is-with-the-error-when-you-go-to...

sort this crap out ebay paypal - its a JOKE . im going to amazon and pay the extra £5 for my item , this is a JOKE

ive been ages contacting numpties who amsqerade as support , from one company ebay to another paypal , everyone apsses the book . go to amazon and avoid the comedy support that is known for on this site. ive seriously had it up to here , 3 days to pay for an item dozens of live chats . forums , support emails and stil lcant pay JOKE JOKE JOKE

Login to Me Too

PayPal_paula

Hi houseitup2010,

At PayPal, we are aware that at times you can receive error messages and this can be due to technical issues. Rest assured that our technical team will review all errors and work as quickly as possible to have them resolved.

If you encounter an error message like this in the future please ask your seller to send you a payment request as this can help complete your payment.

Thanks

Paula

Login to Me Too

houseitup2010
Contributor
Contributor

hi

while im appreciative of the reply from paypal [after 11 days lol] , it doesnt do anything at all for me . its vague at best , and offers no solution apart from the most basic obvious point ... even a numpty could figure that one out .

my suggestion to paypal is if you cant integrate purchases/checkout system , then :

1 - tell us what the "problem" is instead of giving us a pointless error code number

2 - if you do insist on using an error code , then display a page with "error code number meanings" on so we can figure it out

3 - fix the problem to begin with , so many people are experiencing it .

4 - if you dont ill keep shopping at xxxxxx , it was such a great simple experience after the mess of paypal/ebay

seems simple , but like a lot of support issues with ebay and paypal your never going to get an answer , just a vague reply which achieves nothing .

Login to Me Too

obertelli

I wasted most of yesterday morning on the 10001 error.

I'm stunned to see just how long it's been occurring and the absolute failure of PayPal to resolve it or at least improve their response to it. In my case it occurred when I tried to pay from within Ebay, when I tried to pay following the email invoice, and even when I tried paying directly from within PayPal.

Resolution would have been achieved more speedily if I'd phoned PayPal, but when it's their error I don't see why I should be referred to a premium rate number. The email response confirmed myn suspicions, but it was something I didn't want to do: manually convert sufficient US $ into £ Sterling to covver the purchase price. The payment then went through just fine, but I've paid for plenty of items directly from my $ balance without needing to take this step before.

I don't care whether it's a bug or a policy change or "increased security" as per the email response; whatever it was the entirely unhelpful "error #10001" message should have been replaced with a list of possible remedies, including the one I used.

Just glad now that I've finally managed to use up almost all of my PayPal balance as it now frees me to try alternative e-payment solutions. PayPal and Ebay take customer loyalty for granted and treat us as tethered cash-cows: this heifer's leaving the cow-shed.

Login to Me Too

Bex25

This is still going on... been trying to pay for my items for the last two days from ebay and kept getting this message. I had no idea what was going on till I stumbled upon this thread.

It's worked before, so someone somewhere in paypal has changed something.

(grrr...)

Login to Me Too

houseitup2010
Contributor
Contributor

lets face it , we all know paypal like to think they are a 'real bank'  ...... but with disgusting support like "have you tried clearing cookies" , or "try using another browser'" generic reposnses to issues like this makes them clearly a micky mouse e-payment scheme . they are not a bank . they are not a help . they are there to make money , remember this ! they crush and purchase competition just like ebay . visit paypal**bleep**.com dont be a victim .

Login to Me Too

cynys
Contributor
Contributor

I am having the exact same problem for A WEEK!!!  I contacted paypal through email and all I received was an Automatic response!! 

Not much help at all!  ( iwas going to call but it is an international number )

I had no choice but to send funds through paypal website to the sellers!  

Please I do not want to pay through sending paypal  funds forever?!  

this is what I'm facing:

- Error message after loging into paypal and confirming payment in Ebay  "Sorry, we aren't able to complete your request at this time." - Error code 50301

- Ebay customer service told me it has nothing to do with them and I should seek advice from Paypal!

- Same error message when I tried to pay for another item

-I have tried more than 20 times these past few days

-Ihave never came across this problem since i started using paypal

-I have spent few hours browsing through this forum in search for a solution to no avail!!

ps: - I have enough balance in my bank account and my paypal account itself have enough balance too!

- My bank details are correct

- My paypal account is in GBP£    but one of the item purchased is in USD

I would really love to get some advice/assistance from Paypal .Thanks

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.