Simple question. Why cant I APPEAL a closed not as described claim?

poppasmurf
Contributor
Contributor

Simple question.

Why cant I APPEAL a closed "not as described" claim?

I lost my paypal NAD dispute. Why no option to APPEAL?

Thanks.

Also why bother when you can chargeback for it anyway.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

poppasmurf
Contributor
Contributor

Solution: Read the very fine details. Buyer beware.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
11 REPLIES 11

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Paypal decide if and when you can appeal a case and no one here can know the details of your claim or why they refused it.

I doubt you do a chargeback for an item for received but not as described if it was not a business seller. Also a chargeback is never guaranteed but good luck anyway.

You may have rights under consumer law if the seller was a business, or the small claims court.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

poppasmurf
Contributor
Contributor

Ha, I see. The details.

Bought a jumper, it has marks of paint on item which are not in the sellers description.

Seller did state light marks on the front of item.

Which are slightly visible in photos. I thought they were from dust.

I now know those light marks are the paint.

paypal said the following case closed

Status

After careful consideration, we're unable to decide this claim in your favour at this time.

The listing reasonably described the item you received.

OK.

The charge back is being taking care of.

Not a business a private seller.

Small claims court is not worth the hassle for £100.

The more I read this over it seems like paypal may have made the correct decision for once.

Login to Me Too
Solved

poppasmurf
Contributor
Contributor

Solution: Read the very fine details. Buyer beware.

Login to Me Too

jagjit

I beleive paypal only support to seller. I bought an item from Chinavasion, $358.70. I had  to return the item as it was defective and paypal advised me to return it. I got RMA from seller and the address, as per seller's terms and conditions. I paid $100 to ship the item back to seller, the seller received the item and agreed that they have the item. But Paypal denied the claim and keep telling me that the item has not been received by the seller, does it not sound funny. My claim was declined, although seller is offering me 50% return price of the item. What should I say, clearly, they protect the seller.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Some services internationally don't have siggy proof of delivery online.

Give paypal a call and state that the item has been received by the seller and see if they will award your refund.

Click on the words "Contact us" at the bottom of paypal pages > click on the "call us" option on the left (fees "may" apply so check the cost with your phone tariff first, as you sometimes have to wait a while to connect).

When you get through don't select any options just hang on till you get transfered to an agent.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

dachslj
Contributor
Contributor

I know this is an older post, but I need to vent. I sold an item on ebay and when the buyer received it, she said it looked funny, the bands didn't match (it was an engagement/wedding ring that was soldered together in the back), and said it was missing the two side diamonds. She wanted to return it. Now mind you, I am a detail-oriented person and all of this was disclosed in the description, PLUS there were six pictures that showed this. The description said "The wedding band did not come with it, but we found this one that fit well". Obviously this means that they DO NOT MATCH. And as far as the missing diamonds, "There were two trillion diamonds flanking the main .33 carat marquise, but those were removed. They can be replaced with new stones from .10 to .12 carats each". HOW MUCH CLEARER DO I HAVE TO MAKE IT? Even though it stated in the auction that there were no returns accepted, I said I would accept the return and refund her money MINUS the cost of the postage (which I upgraded to Priority Mail because she said she needed it). She wanted all of her money back. She opened a dispute with Paypal and they sided with the buyer. 1. Obviously the buyer didn't thoroughly read the description or look at the pictures closely. 2. The people who work in the Paypal Resolution Center are as stupid as the buyer for deciding in her favor. I'm glad I wasn't on trial for murder. Even if the PRC people actually saw the killer pull the trigger, they would still convict me. So it doesn't always go the way of the seller. WHATEVER!!!

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

In an item received but not as described dispute it is often the sellers word against the buyers.

In that scenario paypal normally find for the buyer BUT they have to return the item back to the seller at their own expense. 

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

MATTHEWPOSTCARD
New Community Member

HI GUYS

ITS HAPPENED TO ME TOO,I HAD PAID FOR THREE 3 ITEMS IN ONE PACKETS OR LETTER 

AND IVE ONLY GOT PAID FOR 1 TOTAL COST 30.36 EUROS GOT BACK 6.45 EUROS WHY
?'?'

I TRIED TO EXPALAIN THE PROBLEM BUT TO NO AVAIL.

PAY PAL NOT GOOD AT ALL

BE WARE OF PAY PAL                          BE AWARE OF PAYPAL DANGEROUS METHOD OF PAYMENT

Login to Me Too

boomer963
New Community Member

Cases don't always support the seller.

In my case, I had listed an iPhone 5 for fixed price listing. A buyer (with zero feedback) asked if I would be willing to ship the phone to Belarus via USPS First Class International. I agreed to do so and charged him the shipping fee.

With first class international, the package is tracked in the USPS system until it leaves the system and is forwarded to the shipping service in the other country, after which USPS loses visibility of the package.

You can guess what happens next. The buyer files a claim that he never received the package and since I can only provide tracking until the time it left the US, there was no proof of delivery.

Never mind that it was the buyer who asked that I ship using First Class International.

Never mind that the buyer had a zero feedback rating.

PayPal ruled in favor of the buyer and I'm out the value of the iPhone. That's my lesson in shipping via USPS First Class International. Going forward, I will only ship using eBay's Global Shipping Program.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.