Sending money via email?

ChantelleA
Contributor
Contributor

please can somebody help?

I am buying something from someone and he said to pay him through his email address, i went through the process of sending money...i even got a conformation  phone call from paypal to verify the payment. 4 days later and the man says he hasnt recieved payment and i checked my bank acount and the money hasnt gone out and Paypal isnt showing the transaction anywhere?!!!? i just dont understand...

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

minty1
Advisor
Advisor

Hi ChantelleA

Firstly when you clicked on the send money tab did you pay using the goods, services or eBay items option?

Secondly you do NOT receive a confirmation call from paypal to verify payments?

I'm not sure why the money wasn't sent and the transaction isn't showing anywhere but whatever you do do not give out any personal details to this person or over the phone

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
9 REPLIES 9
Solved

minty1
Advisor
Advisor

Hi ChantelleA

Firstly when you clicked on the send money tab did you pay using the goods, services or eBay items option?

Secondly you do NOT receive a confirmation call from paypal to verify payments?

I'm not sure why the money wasn't sent and the transaction isn't showing anywhere but whatever you do do not give out any personal details to this person or over the phone

Login to Me Too

ChantelleA
Contributor
Contributor
I clicked 'goods' option. The only personal information i have give out is my address because im buying something from him. So what do you suggest i do?? I cant understand why Paypal would ring me..is this because the account isnt verified yet?
Login to Me Too

minty1
Advisor
Advisor

I don't recall PayPal ringing me to verify my account but I may be wrong below is some information from the PayPal website, did you follow these steps?   How do I verify my PayPal account?
To verify your PayPal account, follow these steps:
  1. Log in to your PayPal account at www.paypal.co.uk
  2. Click the 'Unverified’ link on the Account Overview page.
  3. The steps required to verify your account will appear in the table.

To get ‘Verified’ you will need to do as follows:

Set up bank funding

To Set up Bank Funding you must add your UK bank account to your PayPal account. We will then deposit two small amounts into your bank account, which you will need to find on your bank statement. You will then need to log into www.paypal.co.uk and enter the amounts correctly to confirm ownership of your bank account. For more information click here.

Login to Me Too

ChantelleA
Contributor
Contributor
Ill try that then. Thankyou 🙂
Login to Me Too

minty1
Advisor
Advisor

You're welcome hope you get sorted out

Login to Me Too

Senromil
Contributor
Contributor
I sent 15 pound to my boyfriends PayPal account at the beginning of April!! It still says at his end its still processing bank account!!!!
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Maria
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi Senromil,

Welcome to the UK Community Forum and thanks for posting!

When you check the status of the payment in your transaction history, is it showing as “Pending” or “Completed”?

Thanks,

Maria

Login to Me Too

afalkiewicz
New Community Member

Hello, I have sent money as 'Goods' via email to NEW user of PayPal.

I did get emails confirmed payment, the receiver got money, too, transaction has status 'Completed', but the money on my bank account still are available.  I don't like keep such amount of money on my main account, I would like to know when they gone. The person I sent money to, told me we both need wait 21 days, is that true? Many thanks for any answers.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_paula

Hi afalkiewicz, 

Welcome to the PayPal community forum.

When you fund a payment using your bank account, the funds are requested using an online direct debit mandate. The request is sent to your bank for the funds and is generally processed are day or two after the request. I would leave the funds in your bank account as they will be requested soon. 

To answer your question, the funds being held for 21 days is something that would happen on your seller's side.If your seller is a new seller then they are subject to what we call "21 days payment holds". This means that your seller is requested to ship the item to you and once the provide valid tracking information we can release the funds. If no tracking information is provided then the funds are held for 21 days. 

I hope this helps explain and please feel free to post if you have any further questions. 

Paula 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.