Sending money from family member

Kazza_2012
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, My dad wants to send me some money from his paypal account to mine, could you tell me if there would be any fees to pay by either of us to do this?  I think I read somewhere that there wouldn't be unless the balance came from a credit card but just need to double check before we do it.

Many thanks

Kaz

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Make sure you select the send money > gift / family /friends option.

Make sure that the email addy is correctly imputted because you may not get the money back if not and it goes elsewhere.

There is no charge if you fund the payment via instant bank transfer or funds in your paypal balance.

There IS a small charge if you pay via a debit or credit card, the sender can select to pay or you will when you receive the payment.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Make sure you select the send money > gift / family /friends option.

Make sure that the email addy is correctly imputted because you may not get the money back if not and it goes elsewhere.

There is no charge if you fund the payment via instant bank transfer or funds in your paypal balance.

There IS a small charge if you pay via a debit or credit card, the sender can select to pay or you will when you receive the payment.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Kazza_2012
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

That's great, thank you for your reply and your help on this.

Kind Regards

Kaz

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.