Scammed by Uber user

rogerthelodger
Contributor
Contributor

Hi checking my bank account there was an unauthorised payment for £156 for a taxi ride in USA I live in UK never been to USA

in connection with my UBER account although I registered and downloaded the appp I have never used UBER

Ok paypal appear to be sorting this out but I am intrigued as to how this could happen obviously someone has got hold of my paypal password and UBER password I have a suspicion that a few weeks ago BT my phone/inernet provider took control of my PC remotley from India call center to resolve the problem and was connected remotley for 90 minutes in doing so I think there may be a connection here can anyone throw some light on it or has had similar problems either with BT or UBER?

Taken for a ride!!!!!!

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

Aussieguy71
New Community Member

I had US$ 322.00 taken from my Visa card the other day through PayPal in which a Uber user had a joy ride at my expense around NY city. I have contacted my bank, U ear, and PayPal and they are all looking into it. My advice is take your credit card off PayPal when your not using it. Don't reply to any weird emails posing as PayPal or Uber Tecnologies. There is so may dishonest people in this world it makes me sick.

Gary

Australia

Login to Me Too

Shawman465
New Community Member

i just got this in my email, i contacted both my card holder services as well as uber through their closest forum and sent a screen shot as well since it has involved their services as well, i live in the US and i had it hit for the UK ironically, im trying to contact Paypal through their customer service but its a weekend at this point and i am writing this post at 4:50am US central time since i live in kansas, and they do not answer their customer service call center until 6:00am pacific time on a saturday

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.