Scam email from PayPal

Sparky300
Contributor
Contributor
Hi I received this email this morning, I nearly put the information they wanted as this site was so convincing. PayPal Customer, Your 10.04 GBP payment made for the game FarmVille on Facebook Inc. is being processed. Because of our geographic detector recorded this payment as being made from an unknown ip we had to put the payment on hold. If you did not authorize this payment and you want to cancel, please login and complete the form requested. http://www.paypal.co.uk Thank you for your understanding. PayPal, Protection Department.
Login to Me Too
16 REPLIES 16

smikewalt
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, I received a similar e-mail this morning, the site is so convincing, I nearly put all my details into their form, but I did log in, I am wondering if they can access my account via my password!!!! I have written an e-mail to paypal and am waiting to hear back! These sites seem to be getting better at making you think they are the real thing!!!!!

Login to Me Too

kmolla2929
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, i have received the same e-mail this morning and have also e-mailed paypal. Just waiting to hear back from them.

Login to Me Too

dianechilvers
New Community Member

I logged in using my password too.  I didnt fill the form in as something didn't seem quite right.  I've just changed my password, I only hope nothing will come of it 😕

Login to Me Too

NATTYJ_ROCKS
New Community Member
Hey, I would suggest logging and CHANGING your password ASAP mate.
Login to Me Too

andymanhole780
New Community Member
Snap. got mine 6:30 this morning. £16.31. noticed no paypal graphics and also paypal ask you to go directly to their website if you need to log in. did that and no pending payment. instant scam
Login to Me Too

PayPal_lucy

Hey there guys,

You are right in thinking that this email is a fake and not sent from PayPal.

Sparky300, I can see your said “PayPal customer”, this is the first give away that its not from PayPal.

PayPal will always address an email to your name. You will never get an email address to something general like Dear PayPal customer, Dear valued member etc. It will always has the name registered on your PayPal account.

Smikewait, I can see you have another post on this so I didn't answer the second one.

If any of you still have the emails or receive anymore you can forward them on to spoof@paypal.com for review with our security department. 

Login to Me Too

Tuzzer
New Community Member

Many thanks - have forwarded my email to spoof@paypal as recommended. Hope you catch the bleeders!

Login to Me Too

Geoffmoore52
New Community Member
With regard to this fraudulent attempt to get our bank account details. When I received the email it required me to log into my PayPal account I entered my email address then entered an incorrect password! This will always get you rejected by PayPal so as soon as it went to a request for banking information I could smell a rat! The fraudsters clearly don't know your PayPal password nor do they care. Try this if you have suspicions of your own.
Login to Me Too

KatusHarmonicus
New Community Member

I did not pay attention to the details and "logged in"  but when I saw they needed my credit card details I clicked.   Have changed my password (incase they are also tracking that info) and forwarded email to spoof@paypal.com

I'll remember the fake password trick in the future.  That's a good one! 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.