Removing receiving limit per year (EU)

Rimas1989
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

To remove receiving limits i have uploaded 2 documents: photo id and proof of adress on feb 3. After a week on Feb 10 I got a message from paypal:

"Feb 10, 2015: You have received €1,800 or more in total payments to your PayPal account in this calendar year and are therefore approaching our annual receiving limit of €2,500. PayPal is required by law to comply with European Union Anti-Money Laundering regulations by collecting information from customers when they reach this limit. Please go to the Resolution Centre for more information on what you need to do.

(Your case ID for this reason is PP-003-699-345-888.)"

In resolution centre status says: Waiting for your response. So i've uploaded additional document - driver's license, but status did not change. It's been already 18 days since i have provided required documents. Didn't get any response or emails from paypal. So my main questions are:

How long do you need to wait before paypal checks your documents and removes receiving limits?

My current receiving limit is 140$. On march 1 I suppose to receive 200$. If the limits will not be removed till that date, what will happen to 200$? Because it's over the limit will the money be rejected?

Here some screenshots of my paypal regarding this issue:

Resolution centre - as you can see 3 uploaded documents and status says: Waiting for your response.
After pressing on resolve button i get transferred to this page:

Do i need to do something else or just wait it out? I'm from Europe, Lithuania if it's relevant.

Post edited to comply with forum guidelines.

Login to Me Too
22 REPLIES 22

ZARQAH
Contributor
Contributor

Hi my account has also been limited, I have sent over all the documents how long does the review take I have some items to pay for on ebay, many thanks!

Login to Me Too

rudegirl118
Contributor
Contributor

OK......THERE'S PROBABLY SOMEONE OUT THERE WHO BELEIVES YOU?????? ANYWAY MR EBAY REP,YOUR BE BETTER DOING A ONE ON ONE ON THE PHONES INSTEAD OF YOUR DRIVEL ON HERE!!!!!!! 

Login to Me Too

Will75
Contributor
Contributor

Regards receiiving limits and Verification By PayPal and the EU/UK Money Laundering regulations,I would like to refer to "The money Laundering Regulations 2007" Part 2. CDD.Requirements to cease transactions etc. 11- (1) Where,in relatioin to any customer,a relevant person is unable to apply customer due diligence measures in a accordance with the provision of this Part, he - (a) Must Not carry out a transaction with or for the customer through a bank account; (b) must not establish a business relationship or carry out an occasional transaction with the customer; (c) must terminate any existing business relationship with the customer. Application of customer due diligence (CDD) meaures. Timing of verification. 9- (2) Subject to paragraph (3) to (5) and regulation 10,a relevant person Must verify the identity of the customer (and any benefical owner) Before the establishment of a business relationship or the carrying out of an occasional transaction, Meaning PayPal NOT the customer must Verify the customer and their Bank account Before any amount howwever small is placed into that ban account.

@Rimas1989 wrote:

Hello,

To remove receiving limits i have uploaded 2 documents: photo id and proof of adress on feb 3. After a week on Feb 10 I got a message from paypal:

"Feb 10, 2015: You have received €1,800 or more in total payments to your PayPal account in this calendar year and are therefore approaching our annual receiving limit of €2,500. PayPal is required by law to comply with European Union Anti-Money Laundering regulations by collecting information from customers when they reach this limit. Please go to the Resolution Centre for more information on what you need to do.

(Your case ID for this reason is PP-003-699-345-888.)"

In resolution centre status says: Waiting for your response. So i've uploaded additional document - driver's license, but status did not change. It's been already 18 days since i have provided required documents. Didn't get any response or emails from paypal. So my main questions are:

How long do you need to wait before paypal checks your documents and removes receiving limits?

My current receiving limit is 140$. On march 1 I suppose to receive 200$. If the limits will not be removed till that date, what will happen to 200$? Because it's over the limit will the money be rejected?

Here some screenshots of my paypal regarding this issue:

http://i.imgur.com/TeZ0ZP0.png
Resolution centre - as you can see 3 uploaded documents and status says: Waiting for your response.
After pressing on resolve button i get transferred to this page:
http://i.imgur.com/CeoTv7e.png

Do i need to do something else or just wait it out? I'm from Europe, Lithuania if it's relevant.

Login to Me Too

stephcast
Contributor
Contributor

I've been getting the same message:

• Ha recibido 1800 EUR o más en pagos totales en su cuenta PayPal en este año natural, por lo que se está acercando a nuestro límite de recepción anual de 2500 EUR. PayPal debe cumplir por ley las medidas contra el blanqueo de dinero de la Unión Europea recabando información sobre sus clientes cuando llegan a ese límite. Vaya al Centro de resoluciones para ver más información sobre lo que debe hacer.

(Su Id. de caso para este problema es  PP-005-019-849-401.) 

I'm waiting to receive more money soon and I would go beyond the limit of my account.

What will happen next?

How long do I have to wait until this problem is solved?

I've already uploaded all the documents that were needed, I wrote a message to the customer service and nothing.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Rachael
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi stephcast,

Welcome to the community forum and thanks for posting.

If you have verified your PayPal account and supplied proof of your address and identity, this will be reviewed and we will update you by email. If you are unable to use your account at the moment this should be done within 24 hours.

Don't worry though, you will still be able to receive a payment while this review is being done. If you are concerned, why not give us a call. You can find our phone number by clicking 'contact' at the bottom of any PayPal page.

I hope this helps.

Rachael

Login to Me Too

Will75
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Racheal, have you Researched "The Payment Service Regulations 2009" it clearly States buyer payments MUST be released by PayPal within 3 days of receiving those payments,have you researched " The Money Laundering Regulations 2007" it clearly SATATES under CDD,that PayPal NOT the customer must Verify the customers bank details,BEFORE they place ANY money however small that payment is,NOT even a PENNY should be placed in that customerts account,Before PayPal NOT the customer verifies that bank account,so Why is PayPal Forcing the customer to open a Direct Debit account with PayPal?? Please answer

Login to Me Too

BillyBones
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Rachael (I love that spelling!)

Sorry to jump on the bandwagon here but this has just happened to me, too. I got my first notice back in August when I sent in the required info. 20 minutes ago I received an email telling me my account is now limited and I can't withdraw any funds until the matter is resolved.

However, when I click on 'Lift limits' I'm taken to a page where every single option for items that are needed is ticked, along with the message:

Thank you for providing the required information. We’ll get back to you within a few days.

It's said the same for the last 2 months now. Nobody has emailed me, I've still had the notice at the top of my page that I have messages (but when I click on that it says "You have no messages") and now I can't withdraw any money.

Would somebody mind looking into this please? I'm currently out of the UK in the States on a visa and really desperately need to be able to access my PP account.

Thanks!

Login to Me Too

Will75
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Why not try another payment service provider? Not PayPal? eBay clearly state on their web site you can use other PSP.

Login to Me Too

Will75
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Regards PayPal refusing to release payments,I suggest you look up "The PayMent Service Regulations 2009" regards refusing to release buyer payments,they MUST release payments within 3 days. but PayPal an American company can do what they like,Discriminate UK consumers etc.

Login to Me Too

deadguy
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

I have Limited Account by July 12, 2016 due to the 2500 euro limit.  I sent all the required information and documents. In the Resolution Centre I met 100% complete. I just received the message  "Thank you for providing the required information.
We’ll get back to you within a few business days." 

Today it is almost three months and nothing has changed. My account is still limited without any communication by Paypal.

Please can someone help me what to do? Sorry for English.

Michal 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.