Removing a card but I get a message about Instant Bank Transfer pending?

PhotosbyKev
Contributor
Contributor

One of the cards on my account was recently blocked after some fraudulent activity on it over Xmas (not paypal related). I've set up and confirmed another card and made it my primary card but when I try to remove the blocked card I get the message "You may not remove your back-up funding source while an Instant Bank Transfer is still pending".

All of the transactions on my account are completed but I still can't remove the blocked card which is no longer usable.

Any thoughts?

regards

Kev

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

PayPal_paula

Hi PhotosbyKev,

May I suggest that you send an email to us via the contact us link (at the bottom of every PayPal page)  authorising us to remove the card on your behalf.

You will need to clearly state that you authorize PayPal to remove the card on your behalf and provide only the last four digits of your card. Once we receive your email we can remove the card on your behalf.

I hope this helps

Paula

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7
Solved

PayPal_paula

Hi PhotosbyKev,

May I suggest that you send an email to us via the contact us link (at the bottom of every PayPal page)  authorising us to remove the card on your behalf.

You will need to clearly state that you authorize PayPal to remove the card on your behalf and provide only the last four digits of your card. Once we receive your email we can remove the card on your behalf.

I hope this helps

Paula

Login to Me Too

PhotosbyKev
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you for the response Paula, I'll do it straight away

regards

Kev

Login to Me Too

pike25lb
New Community Member

hi iv been waiting 4 weeks and i still cant remove my card i have emaild them and phoned them and still no joy

Login to Me Too

PhotosbyKev
Contributor
Contributor

well if they try to use the blocked card to take a payment they won't get very far lol

Login to Me Too

PhotosbyKev
Contributor
Contributor

Card removed after one email to paypal as suggested, I can't ask for better support than that 🙂

Login to Me Too

Rabbit88
Contributor
Contributor

Hey Paula, every time I send an email via the contact form all I get back is a FAQ which doesn't answer my problem and no reply. Personally, I think I'll just close my account and stop buying on ebay. I don't sell on there at all.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Reply to the FAQ one and  you should then get an agent with a better response.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.