Refund granted but card account number changed.

LibraOne
New Community Member

Help I've been granted a full refund for the cost of an item not received - the money  is being paid into my credit card account but the card that was used was lost and a new one issued - what will appen to this money now as the card number is different?

Thanks

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

elesdee
New Community Member

Hi, I'm in exactly the same position - can anyone help??

Login to Me Too

PayPal_david

Hi guys,

If you both have received a refund to a credit/debit card that is now inactive or expired, the funds would have left the PayPal system and will have been sent back to the original card that you used to fund your purchases.

When your bank receive notification to advise that there is a refund being issued on the payments, they will then transfer the funds accross to your new card.

This could take on average between 3 and 5 working days to arrive on your card but the processing timeframes varies depending on your bank. There could also be a delay with the refund processing as the funds have to be sent to your new cards.

We will need to wait 30 calendar days for the refund to try and be processed before we can initiate a trace on the funds from our side. If the refunds still have not appeared after this time, you would also need to provide us with a copy of your statements showing that the funds have still not appeared and we can initiate a trace on the funds for you.

I hope this information helps,

David.

Login to Me Too

ShivT
New Community Member
Hello, I notice the response is dated 2011. Can you please advise me if the information provided is still correct? Thank you
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Dian

Hi ShivT,

Welcome to the community. 

The information is still correct :). We will send the refund back to the bank and they will process this with your new card. So no need to worry the bank will sort this out for you  :). 

Dian

Login to Me Too

xoxo1014
Contributor
Contributor

but what if I changed my bank? I'm so scared to not get my money back

Login to Me Too

smoran
Contributor
Contributor

How long does this process take ? I was refunded the funds on the 14th but have not recieved the funds in my new debit card

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.