Refund after fraud

Noormiah
Contributor
Contributor
I got scammed by this person on alibaba.com and i used paypal as my payment method because i though if anything went wrong i would get my money back. Well the scammer told me that she sent the wrong package to me so i will HAVE to pay for the extra that she ordered to me. She first told me shes going to send my package through dhl or fed ex but then sent the package through a company named 'exel frieght services' where it can be tracked. At the moment the tracking in this unknown website says the package is on 'hold' but its been like that for over a month now. I contacted paypal, opened a dispute, claimed etc and then paypal turns around and says they cant give my money back after this scam because it was not a physical item which can be posted etc so i messaged paypal and told them they got it wrong and the packages are actual physical items(phones) then paypal tells me they cant give me a refund because she sent the packages through exel frieght services. And all im thinking is, 'how am i meant to control what they sent the packages through' etc. i got scammed $1500, please someone help me!!
Login to Me Too
14 REPLIES 14

JJake
New Community Member

Be careful with this company!! Company does not do adequate and common sense investigation. Sellers are not protected at all... I sold an IPAD air to a buyer over Ebay. They claimed they never received package and I am held accountable for this?? I insured the item through USPS and had it weighed. I have pictures to proove it was sold on Ebay. Paypal told me they ruled in their favor with no explanation. I knew something was wrong when I sent it because they kept asking me to rush the order. Right after I ship they even tried to say the payment was unauthorized and paypal even held payment!!! There are so many redflags do I even need to point out anything else? I even read about this being an issue. Furthermore, I tried to have the package held by the USPS and return to send (proof of that as well) but it was too late because you rush the package. So now I am out an IPAD and $370. The customer that scammed me even had scam reviews on their Ebay account and was a new customer (my fault for not looking but I thought I would be protected). I have been with Paypal and Ebay for over 10 years. This is totally an unethical way to run a business. They give me no explanation and just say pay up when all the proof is there...Help? I just want to money I sold the item for and that is it, nothing else... Whats even more interesting is Paypal even wants me to pay back the money they received for the transaction themselves. Paypal is a complete nonsense company that I will never do business with again. Complaint filed with the Better Business Bureau and I will also file a police report. Anyone else have any other suggestions. Unfortunately, my bank account is tied into this paypal account so I am worried...

Login to Me Too

JJake
New Community Member

And if you are wondering, all receipts, tracking information, etc. was provided.

Login to Me Too

Shop3
New Community Member
Paypla just took the koney from our transaction sayinv that the buyer reported this, even thougj buyer says they have not and the dress they claimed that they did not receive they have received. We provided with morw than ebought evidence including emails from the buyer proving this, but they dont care. Seems like they so this and have been doing this for a whole here is an article in guradian in 2012 wxposing them. We have contacted the press again to let them know that Pyapal is on olved in criminal and fraudulent activity.http://www.theguardian.com/money/2012/jan/27/is-paypal-safe-protection
Login to Me Too

Pal_Really

PayPal are scumbags. PayPal have made me accountable for £1500 for being scammed! They have no interest in the people behind the transactions, only in making their money. **bleep** YOU PAYPAL

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Arda

Hi Pal_Really,

Welcome to the community.

I am sorry to hear that. I would contact to our customer service department in this case. Alternatively, you can contact us through Twitter (@AskPayPal) or form our UK Facebook page. We will review your PayPal account and all possible help options.

I hope this helps!

Arda

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.