Receiving Money for Goods.

Heathsideboy
Contributor
Contributor

I'm sorry if this question has been asked many times before but I am new to PayPal,

If I am selling goods to someone, I then send them a request for money from my PayPal account.  They then send me the money into my PayPal account (before I send them the goods).  Once the money is in my PayPal account, do I have to wait for it to clear or have it verified in some way?

OR

Once the buyer's money is in my PayPal account, is it sound and can be used straight away and then safe to send the goods to them?

Thanks

HB

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

Heathsideboy
Contributor
Contributor

@minty1 wrote:

Hope I didnt sound rude just having a joke with you!

I know that lol.  You were very helpful.   

Thank you.

HB

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7

minty1
Advisor
Advisor

Hi Heathsideboy

Once the money is in your account and is marked completed you should receive a confirmation email from paypal to say you have received payment along with the address and if its eligible for sellers protection

Once you receive thet it should be safe to ship

Login to Me Too

Heathsideboy
Contributor
Contributor

So once I get those confirmations after the money is put in my PayPal account, the money is valid and real?

Thank you for your help.

HB

Login to Me Too

minty1
Advisor
Advisor

Yes the money is valid and real same as the money is real in your bank account lol

Before you ship read up on sellers protection on the official paypal website so you  know how to protect yourself

WelcomeSmiley Wink

Login to Me Too

Heathsideboy
Contributor
Contributor

@minty1 wrote:

Yes the money is valid and real same as the money is real in your bank account lol

Before you ship read up on sellers protection on the official paypal website so you  know how to protect yourself

WelcomeSmiley Wink

Thanks minty,

What I meant by "valid and real" is; if a cheque is put in your bank, it could bounce and will not be cleared for seven days in some instances.  Therefore, it is not valid (or real) money until it is cleared, So is this different with PayPal?

Do you now understand what I'm trying to explain?

Thanks

HB

Login to Me Too

minty1
Advisor
Advisor

When someone pays you from their paypal funds to your paypal funds its instant

If you are paid by echeque/bank transfer it can take a lot longer

When your funds are available you will see it in your account and should be marked completed

Login to Me Too
Solved

Heathsideboy
Contributor
Contributor

@minty1 wrote:

I know that lol.  You were very helpful.   

Thank you.

HB

Login to Me Too

minty1
Advisor
Advisor

WelcomeSmiley Wink

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.