Pending payment on Ebay *help please*

Chrissy987
New Community Member

hiya

I have a buyer who has brought two items from me,

Ebay says there payment is pending but it shows no sign on my papal account?

Any solutions

Thanks

Login to Me Too
173 REPLIES 173

fyny43

hi i have the same poblem,

my pp says that my unds will be realised in 2 weeks? what is the reason? i have correct email address and it desnt matter from who i recive money, trabsaction is always pending and i need to wait 2 weeks.

what is the reason for that? i have created my pp account in march, sold only 3 items and actually havent received any money yet.

HELP!

Login to Me Too

omarjebari
New Community Member

I had the 'pending transaction' issue with my first sold item.

Ok i tried a bunch of things then suddenly my money arrived. I dont really know which one worked but try these. You will need to login to eBay and click on the 'Account' tab.

1) Click on 'Personal Information' and ensure that the registered email address is also registered with your Paypal account (you will have to login to your Paypal account to add it if it doesn't already match it). Note that u can have mutliple email addresses and it doesnt have to be the primary one.

2) Click on 'Paypal Account' then click on the button to 'Verify your Paypal Account'.

PS

This was extremely frustrating. Apparently your first payment for selling an item is held for nearly a month! There was no information anywhere to help and the Paypal site is absolutely useless. I also contacted Paypal and heard nothing back.

I hope you have a better experience.

Login to Me Too

raulnajar
Contributor
Contributor

you say you recommend not sending item ntill payment shows up.but the message sent from paypal says "you received payment ship now " i sold it 5/17 n its still pending what should i do ??

Login to Me Too

ChubbyHamster34
New Community Member
I see your post is old but yes I had exactly the same problem. I shipped an item because I was instructed to and yet it was 'pending payment received'. How was your situation resolved?
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Rachael
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi ChubbyHamster34,

Welcome to the community forum and thanks for posting.

If you are unable to see this money in your PayPal account there are a few things you can check.  https://www.paypal.com/gb/selfhelp/article/Why-are-payments-for-my-eBay-sales-being-sent-to-the-wron... This article may prove helpful.

If the payment was sent to the right place, make sure that the email address on your PayPal account is confirmed. This is necessary to receive money. https://www.paypal.com/gb/selfhelp/article/How-do-I-add,-confirm-or-remove-an-email-address-FAQ1485/... .

I hope this helps.

Rachael

Login to Me Too

minty1
Advisor
Advisor

Hi patricial

Go to your ebay sold page find the transaction and click "more actions" at the side

Click "sell similar" scroll down and double check your ppal email address is correct without any spelling mistakes on your listings

If its wrong try adding that one to your ppal and see if the money comes thru

Is it pending because u are new to selling it should say ?

Never ship unless u receive a legitimate email from ppal saying its ok to ship and u have sellers protection

Does the payment show in your ppal acc?

Login to Me Too

tradesman
New Community Member

Hi,

My sister sold an Item on eBay a week ago and got notified the buyer had paid her in time.

Now since she's not really an active trader on eBay she had forgot her password on her ppal account.

When trying to replace the password on ppal she got a link from ppal on her gmail but the only way to recover this is answering two questions she can't recall right now:

Security question 1:What's the name of your first pet?

Security question 2:Where did you travel on your honeymoon?

She didn't really paid attention when setting up this account few years ago so she's probably not spelling right the first pet name and she's not even married...

Now customer service on ppal is not reachable by phone either as they ask her to login to ppal 🙂

Help would be much appriciated here.

Cheers.

Issac

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

0800 358 7911

When you get through don't select any options just hang on till you get transfered to an agent or say the word "agent".

OR has she considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?

It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPalUK and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

falconwell
New Community Member

buyer says they cannot complete payment  via paypal as I have not completed details?Wha does she mean

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.