Pending payment on Ebay *help please*

Chrissy987
New Community Member

hiya

I have a buyer who has brought two items from me,

Ebay says there payment is pending but it shows no sign on my papal account?

Any solutions

Thanks

Login to Me Too
173 REPLIES 173

RingAllure

Hi there,

My husband is having issues with Paypal 'withholding' the pending payment for up to 21 days.  He just sold our car as he lost his job and we needed the money to pay our rent on 4th August.  The car has been collected already, and the buyer paid using paypal whilst he was here collecting it.  Initially we had the payment pending issue as my husband had inadvertantly used his old verified email for payment receipt.  So, he called Paypal direct and you amended it to his proper current email address and funds were received in his Paypal account, however you won't allow him to transfer said funds (£675) to his bank account, which as stated, we need to pay our home rent for on 4th August 2014. 

He has emailed Paypal a few times now and just keeps getting auto-mated responses giving him advice on how to avoid problems in future, but this does not help us in our housing crisis right now.  And considering he has 263 positive feedbacks out of 263 transactions, this is not right.  He listed the car in good faith, the buyer paid for car in good faith, and now we are without car and without the cash to pay our rent.  Please HELP!!

Thanks,

RingAllure

Login to Me Too

Jan66
New Community Member

I sold two items on Ebay. Payment status says ' payment initiated on....'. No transactions are showing on my paypal account. I read the other posts on this subject and checked the email address and found that for some reason, these two sales used the wrong email address! I contacted the buyers- now this is the problem. One buyer totally ignores my emails - the other one is extremely rude, says as far as she is concerned, she has paid  and won't take any action to resolve this. She  said money has gone from her account and  I've got to sort it out from this end. Any ideas? Thanks.

Login to Me Too

MUMSYBEAR
Contributor
Contributor

this is exactly the same as me its very frustrating and the buyers are so rude and unhelpful does the money just float i have posted all the items so i feel i have to chalk this up to experience unless someone can help plz

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Go and find the transaction in your “my ebay” > click to the right where it says sell similar > scroll down to the payments section > look in the paypal box > is the email addy in there correct with no spelling mistakes?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Laurafitz_25
New Community Member
I realised that my email address is wrong in the 'how would you like to be paid' section(although I've never had a problem before) so I fixed the spelling mistake but there's no way to just fix the email address without relisting the item though? And my payments are still pending and still no sign of them in my PayPal account? Help!! I've tried everything all day!
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Firstly can you add that email addy to your paypal account, as you can have up to 8 on the one account.

If not then you need to contact your buyers and ask them to see what it says in there paypal accounts either:

1. Unclaimed with a cancel option.
2. Unclaimed.
3 Completed.

If its:
1. Then ask them to cancel the payment but tell them that it will take a few days to go back to their funding source if they funded their original payment with a debit or credit card. Then get them to use the "send money" > Goods option and pay to your email address. Tell them DO NOT use the ebay option or it will direct them to ebay checkout and the same thing will happen.
2. If there is no cancel option then the buyer will get their money back automatically 30 days after paying if it remains unclaimed. You will need to sort out between you if you want to still go ahead with the sale or cancel it.
3. If its completed then come back for more advice.

Then next time you list an item for sale change the email addy during the listing process and check everytime.

Also to help you sort things with your buyers you can pull their contact info if its an ebay transaction. Go to advanced search top of ebay pages > contact member left column > fill in the details and ebay will send you an email with their telephone number.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

bevl63
Contributor
Contributor

what if it is wrong - how do i change it?

Login to Me Too

Lynztl
New Community Member

tim_holman
New Community Member

You will also get a "pending payment" message if the Buyer's PayPal doesn't have any money in it, and has had to do a top-up from the Buyer's bank account, which takes at least 5 working days.

It's probably courteous to let the Buyer know the problem, so they can top-up their PayPal account or add a credit card so they can make "Instant Payments".

You'll see this issue when Buyer's credit cards expire and they haven't updated them in PayPal.

Login to Me Too

theoriginalfaye
New Community Member
Helloo! I just checked my email an ebay/paypal emailed me a "Confirm Your Email Address In order to receive this payment, you must confirm your email address here" so check your emails and see if they have contacted you!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.