Pending Balance for 21 days is killing me XD

MenStyle1com
New Community Member

Hello,

guys paypal is blocking my funds every time i recieve them for 21 days! im not using eBay or something else im just taking money for the ads i make on my website!

i contacted them but nothing changed!! they asked me to let the buyer contact them and tell them that they recieved what they paid for?!?!?! how can i do that?? im using a CPC ad units!! and should i ask the company to contact paypal? or what should i do!!

please if someone have the same problem or had it and fixed it now HELPP MEEE!!

Login to Me Too
12 REPLIES 12

berty100
Contributor
Contributor

I just found out that there's a secondary scam aspect to what paypal do here.

Firstly they hold onto the money that goes into your account, pending a "review" of the payment into your paypal account, ie the problem mentioned elsewhere in this topic.

After that 2 or 3 week "review" process, they make the money "available for withdrawal", but here's where it gets REALLY nasty....

Once it's available for withdrawal (ie after paypal have already spent weeks reviewing the payments and marked them as valid), and even though your bank account has already been confirmed via the paypal bank account confirmation process, paypal will then ALSO hold onto your money when you try to withdraw it, pending another "review" (in this case a "withdrawal" review).

So they add up to another 3 days (maybe more, depending on their mood and how much interest they want to earn I guess) on  top of the 2 or 3 week initial "review", while they earn interest from it.

I am NOT happy.

Login to Me Too

Nikki101
New Community Member
I too am one of the many people who are suffering with the payment on hold/payment pending farce - the refund is plain to see in my Paypal activity log and my payment has been on hold for coming up to 2 months now. As it is fairly obvious that Paypal hang onto these pending payments as long as they can for the maximum amount of interest they can gain from these withheld payments there has to be a financial governing body that we can all contact to highlight this scam that is being pulled with our money. Will investigate further and post the results of what I can find out so other people with these same issues can contact the relevant people to start some sort of action in getting their money released to them - watch this space
Login to Me Too

berty100
Contributor
Contributor

I contacted the UK financial ombudsman about it a few weeks ago, and I've also re-emailed the ombudsman again about the same complaint when I realised that paypal were also holding onto the cash even after it's gone through their review process:

http://www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk/

You may also want to contact:

http://fca.org.uk

(if you're in the uk)

I've asked them to look into my specific case, but I've also asked them to investigate/consider the general practices of paypal about this as well, because I believe it amounts to blatent theft of millions of pounds/dollars (in lost interest and subsequent bank charges when you don't have the money for weeks/months that you should have), and that it also deliberately puts businesses and individuals into financial hardship.

I suggest all other paypal users do the same thing for their respective regulators in their own countries.

If anyone wants to start some kind of class-action against paypal (they have had many against them in the past, some have been settled out of court, and some got as far as court and paypal lost), then count me in.

I've ended up having to refund the largest payments from my customers that were being held-back by paypal because I couldn't afford to wait a month just to get access to money that my clients had already sent me for work that I'd already done.

So I refunded my customers from my paypal account, and then I got those customers to pay another way that was less prone to my money being stolen for a month by a bunch of thieving parasites.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.