Paypal transaction "Pending" for more than 3 months!

ariskk
Contributor
Contributor

Hi all, I sold an item on ebay last may and the buyer payd straight away and made a positive comment for it. After paying the rediculusly high fees to ebay+paypal (£17 for my £130 sell), my money are still "Pending". No explanation is given on the paypal site why it is still on pending status or what I can do to fix that.

After spending time trying to find a contact form and after filling the form (their web site is quite rubish and buggy by the way, broken links ) and after contacting them, I still haven't got a reply (been a couple of months). Calling them means spending even more money for their issues.

What a waste of time and bad experience it was having a paypal account (and ebay is pretty awful too).

Anyone can advice on what can I do next? And is what paypal do legal?

Login to Me Too
23 REPLIES 23

ariskk
Contributor
Contributor

And pay more? How much will the phonecall cost from a landline? Especially since, what I read on the net, waiting times are terrible. Will paypal refund the call (it's their fault after all)?

Login to Me Too

ariskk
Contributor
Contributor

still my money are "pending"...

Login to Me Too

ariskk
Contributor
Contributor

still waiting ...

Login to Me Too

ariskk
Contributor
Contributor

Finally yesterday, without giving any reason why the money were held for 4 months or why now they were released, paypal released the holded funds and I've transfered them to my bank account. I'll now close my paypal account. This was quite a dissapointing experience.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.