Paypal transaction "Pending" for more than 3 months!

ariskk
Contributor
Contributor

Hi all, I sold an item on ebay last may and the buyer payd straight away and made a positive comment for it. After paying the rediculusly high fees to ebay+paypal (£17 for my £130 sell), my money are still "Pending". No explanation is given on the paypal site why it is still on pending status or what I can do to fix that.

After spending time trying to find a contact form and after filling the form (their web site is quite rubish and buggy by the way, broken links ) and after contacting them, I still haven't got a reply (been a couple of months). Calling them means spending even more money for their issues.

What a waste of time and bad experience it was having a paypal account (and ebay is pretty awful too).

Anyone can advice on what can I do next? And is what paypal do legal?

Login to Me Too
23 REPLIES 23

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

If its pending then it could be that you have sent an echeque.

An echeque is a payment made direct from your bank account BUT if you have not got a back up card linked to paypal as well it goes as an echeque and you have to wait for it to clear through to paypal.

Add a card to your paypal account and future payments should be instant.

It also happens if your card is out of date and needs updating.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

ariskk
Contributor
Contributor

103 days without getting my money from paypal and without paypal giving any explanation why the money are held ("Pending").

Login to Me Too

ariskk
Contributor
Contributor

"

Trying to find out why your account has been limited is near impossible. Some users find it extremely difficult to actually get through to anyone in the customer services department who understands their issue and can help them to rectify it.

Other users are left receiving identical email after identical email with no obvious recourse."

Post edited to comply with forum guidelines

Login to Me Too

ariskk
Contributor
Contributor

105 days and counting

Login to Me Too

ariskk
Contributor
Contributor

106 days now

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Why are you wasting time posting on here??

If you account is limited which you did not state in your opening post then you need to phone customer services and sort it, no one on here can help you. 

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

ariskk
Contributor
Contributor

I contacted them via their email form months ago. I tried for a second time but their form was broken.

Paying more money for the phone call (a quick google search reveals that their call centers are terrible) will be the last resort before filling a money claim.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Well phoning them is the only way you are going to sort things.

You can get through more quickly by doing this >>

Contact us bottom of paypal pages > use the call us option on the left (fees apply so check the cost with your phone tariff first, as you sometimes have to wait a while to connect).

When you get through don't select any options just hang on till you get transfered to an agent.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

ariskk
Contributor
Contributor

109 days and counting...

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

It can be 1045 if you are not going to do anything TO HELP YOURSELF.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.