Paypal transaction "Pending" for more than 3 months!

ariskk
Contributor
Contributor

Hi all, I sold an item on ebay last may and the buyer payd straight away and made a positive comment for it. After paying the rediculusly high fees to ebay+paypal (£17 for my £130 sell), my money are still "Pending". No explanation is given on the paypal site why it is still on pending status or what I can do to fix that.

After spending time trying to find a contact form and after filling the form (their web site is quite rubish and buggy by the way, broken links ) and after contacting them, I still haven't got a reply (been a couple of months). Calling them means spending even more money for their issues.

What a waste of time and bad experience it was having a paypal account (and ebay is pretty awful too).

Anyone can advice on what can I do next? And is what paypal do legal?

Login to Me Too
23 REPLIES 23

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Go and find the transaction in your “my ebay” > click to the right where it says sell similar > don't fill in anything just scroll down to the payments section > look in the paypal box > is the email addy in there correct with no spelling mistakes? If so then it would have been wrong on your finished auctions so come back for more advice.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

ariskk
Contributor
Contributor

I can't find the transaction anymore on ebay as it was sold 90 days ago. Max history I can see is 60 days.

Login to Me Too

ariskk
Contributor
Contributor

BTW, "If so then it would have been wrong on your finished auctions so come back for more advice."

Even say if the email is not correct, it's paypals problem, not the user's. It is just so low quality of paypal to do so (assuming that's indeed the cause) without informing the user of what's wrong. I guess keeping user's money for a long time suites paypal well - gain interests and can use the money for that duration.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

If the email addy on the AUCTION is incorrect then its incorrect because the seller mis-spelt or left an old email addy on their auction when they listed an item for sale...............nothing to do with paypal.

Can you still do what i said.  >> go to sell > and do a pretend sell as i requested before and then scroll down to the payment section and check the email addy in the paypal payment box.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

ariskk
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, did that and the email is correct. It is exactly the one I use to login to paypal. And in any case since I can see the transaction as "Pending" on my account, where would the mismatch be?

Currency Available Pending Total GBP (Primary) £3.00 GBP £124.41 GBP

£127.41 GBP

Login to Me Too

ariskk
Contributor
Contributor

bump!

Anyone knows what can I do about this? My money are still withheld by paypal with no explanation given. Is there any 3rd party organization that deals with these kind of things?

Login to Me Too

ariskk
Contributor
Contributor

To anyone that might be interested, there is a facebook group for users that money were withheld by paypal withour reason etc etc

Post edited to comply with Forum guidelines

Login to Me Too

ariskk
Contributor
Contributor

102 days since paypal holds my money without giving a reason.

When I click the "Pending" status, I go to a page that doesn't provide an explanation.

Further more, the generic "funds availability details" link is broken and redirects to the home page of paypal.

Login to Me Too

kpg
Contributor
Contributor

Hi

Can someone please please help me. I am quite new to Ebay and really enjoying it.

I have purchased many items with great sucess. However an item which I won is sitting at the pending stage of payment so I must have done something wrong from my end meaning that I cant pay for it. It says pending payment 2nd Sept.

I contact ebay CS who could not help me just kept saying I had no money in my account but I do, I just need to find out how to pay the person and its only a few pounds. I even purchased items on the same day and all was ok. I have searched to trying and find how to resolve. Can you please help me to pay the lady who is being very patient with me

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.