Paypal says my Bank account already registered...

michaelsmith82
Contributor
Contributor

Hi. I don't know if anyone can help me, but I've had a paypal account for ages but never really used it until today, and when I tried to add my bank account details (which I don't think I've done before) it said that my bank account was already added to another account but I cannot for the life of me think of another account I have. I only use 2 e-mail addresses and I tried my 2nd one and it doesn't even recognise it so I assume I can't have used it. Is there anyting I can do to get it erased from the old account or add it to the new one?

Thanks in advance.

Login to Me Too
24 REPLIES 24

Abbafan1972
Contributor
Contributor

I have just tried to add my HSBC bank account to my Paypal and it says it's already registered with another Paypal account.

I don't have another Paypal account and have only ever had the one.

Is it because this bank account was registered, but I deleted it some time ago?

How can I get round this?  I've tried emailing c/s and I just got an automated response which didn't answer my question at all!

Login to Me Too

JonnyBarber
New Community Member

I am having the same problem, i type my bank account details in and its says 'This bank account is already registered in your PayPal account.' I had the bank account on a while ago but removed it for a while as i was not using paypal. Come back on and try and out them in again but it doesnt work. Help please?!

Login to Me Too

pvitic
New Community Member

I also have a similar problem. Whenever I want to make a payment with paypal I receive a form for my bank details. When I enter these details the form gives me a warning saying that the account is already registered. There is no option to make payment with my registered account. Very very frustrating.

Login to Me Too

MarlonZ
New Community Member

I am in the exact same predicament as every other poster on here...The difference being is that I have a Paypal from the UK registered to a closed UK bank account, but have now relocated to the Netherlands where I opened a new Paypal but I'm told that my account is already in use which is utter bulls**t .

To add insult to injury, the "contact us" page only accepts messages in Dutch, whilst you can navigate the site in English, yet again another product of a badly designed broken system. And yes, there is no "remove" button from the bank account selection.

Seems more like Paypal are trying to cheat people out of there money by refusing them to sync a bank account where they can transfer their funds to and then claim the money from the closed account went to charity!! 

Login to Me Too

lalaboo

Hi, whats the contact number to call you guys on that someone willl ACTUALLY answer please??? 

My account is also saying it is registered with another account, when it aint as i had changed the card details on my personal account so i can use it on my business account. My bank account was automatically taken off  when i changed the card details. It has been a week since the change, i have been trying to set up my bank details to my business account but it's obviously somehow still linked to my personal account. 

When i go to my personal account it is asking for a bank account..... 

PLEEEASE HELP! My online store is to be launched tommorow with hungry buyers and i Neeeeeeed my bank account attached ASAP!!!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.