Paypal says my Bank account already registered...

michaelsmith82
Contributor
Contributor

Hi. I don't know if anyone can help me, but I've had a paypal account for ages but never really used it until today, and when I tried to add my bank account details (which I don't think I've done before) it said that my bank account was already added to another account but I cannot for the life of me think of another account I have. I only use 2 e-mail addresses and I tried my 2nd one and it doesn't even recognise it so I assume I can't have used it. Is there anyting I can do to get it erased from the old account or add it to the new one?

Thanks in advance.

Login to Me Too
24 REPLIES 24

PayPal_david

Hi guys,

If any of you are still facing difficulties with this, you should try contacting customer services directly by phone. If you contact us by phone, you can provide us with the card/bank account number and we can do a search on the number through our system.

We will then be able to find the account that the card or bank account is registered to and if possible, we will try to help you with registering the details to your current PayPal account.

I hope this helps,

David.

Login to Me Too

StuartK
New Community Member

Which number should I use to contact you from the UK? I am having this exact problem still.

Login to Me Too

mattgwilson
Contributor
Contributor

I'm literally getting upset because of the very poor software engineering that has gone into this site. Here's my issue....

I have 2 paypal accounts....

1 has my bank details partially saved along with my old debit card (which no longer exists)

The other has my current bank card details.

I no longer use my old account so wish to close it so I can confirm my bank details on my newer account (this one) so I can increase my spending limit....

I can't confirm bank details because they are partially registered to my old account...

I can't fully register my bank details on my old account because the card linked to it is out of date.

I can't register my current card to my old account because it's registered to my new account.

I can't close my old account because it's not fully verified........

WHY IS THIS SO **bleep** DIFFICULT?????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Close my other account ffs!

I can't see why I should have to get upset because a stupid webpage won't let ME spend MY money!!!

What's the point in being rich if you can't spend it???!!!

DON'T tell me to call customer services as I've already provided you with the details, just close my other **bleep** account dj_matt_phonic.

OH and another thing, I can't leave a message here on that account because I need to verify more details first!!!!! FFS!!!

What a terrible system, I SERIOUSLY hope this stupid system is improved immediately as there's clearly a problem with it.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_david

Hi there,

Firstly, can I ask why you have registered a second PayPal account? We would only advise a customer to register a second PayPal account if they were going to use one as a personal account and the second as a business PayPal account.

If your old card has expired on your old account, the only way that the card can be reset is by contacting customer services. We can then reset the card information so that you can register the updated card on your current PayPal account.

To remove your bank account from your old PayPal account, you need to go to the Profile on your PayPal account and then go to the Bank Accounts section and then click Remove.

By doing this, you would then be able to register your bank account on your new PayPal account.

I hope this information helps,

David.

Login to Me Too

mattgwilson
Contributor
Contributor

Firstly I registered a second account because I was not using the email address registered to my old paypal account, I had no access to it, nor access to my old paypal account because I did not know my password....

Secondly, as I have already stated, I am not able to remove my bank account details from my old account, there is no "remove" button.

If you are wondering how I got access back to my old account, I re-registered my old email address. Which is clearly a security issue, if somebody like myself gets an email account closed due to inactivity, somebody else can come along and register it then have access to the paypal account.

I can't believe that there is no possible way for this to be resolved without contacting customer support, which I am unable to do since I work hard. I called last night around 8pm, I was told it was closed by the automated response (EVEN THOUGH THE INFO SAYS THE SUPPORT LINE IS OPEN UNTIL 10PM!!!!!)

All I can say is that paypal seems to be a right mess and I don't understand why something that's so simple to do has been made into such an impossible task?

Close my dj_matt_phonic account........ That's all I need, or unregister my bank account details from it. If paypal wasn't so **bleep**, I would be able to fix this myself in two minutes.

Login to Me Too

AnimalAngel
New Community Member
How do I remove bank account details from old accounts I no longer know the login in details too?? I can't withdraw funds to my confirmed bank card either which I do not understand why this is!!
Login to Me Too

PayPal_david

Hi again,

If you have no remove option beside your bank account on your old PayPal account, do you know if there is a limitation on the account? This may be why you are unable to remove your bank account from your old PayPal account.

In regards to what you are saying with registering your old email address again. This is a process in regards to your email service provider. We can't control if or when an email service provider will reset an email account if it has not been used for a certain period of time. 

I am unable to see your account so I can't tell you exactly why you can't remove your bank account from the PayPal account. You could even try sending an email to customer services if you wish outlining that you can't remove the bank account. After you click the Contact Us icon, you will see a Email Us icon. 

David.

Login to Me Too

mattgwilson
Contributor
Contributor

My account still has limitations yes, but they cannot be removed due to the issues I have stated. It's ok, I've given up on paypal now  Smiley Very Happy

Login to Me Too

db1926379700
Contributor
Contributor

my details have been registared but it wont alow me to registar bank details says no link avalible is maybe i have old account still running from way back if so i am stuffed as i do not remember the old codes only the old email address any thing i can doas i have anew email which i am using

Login to Me Too

mattgwilson
Contributor
Contributor

Why is this problem listed as solved? Clearly it isn't. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.