Paypal holding my money

johndunne
New Community Member

I am so sick of paypal and ebay. As soon as I eventualy get paid for the items that they are iligaly holding my money for I will no longer be using them. I have been on Ebay selling and buying since 2009 and have over 350 transactions. Since 2 in the last year ( all i can call are idiot buyers ) left negitive feedback they are holding my funds, One of which left a positive reply in spanish but negitive review ? and the other demanded a box that was not listed in the auction anyway and which I sent him at my expense. I also have multiple transactions where no feedback was left..... How is this fair? No more I am done. Ebay and paypal are just setting sellers up to be scammed. I am no longer going to use their services and I bet I wont be the only one. LOL you can have your nice respected seller certificates back that you send me ebay..........

Login to Me Too
344 REPLIES 344

miss_vixen
Contributor
Contributor

Hi i am new to selling with paypal. I sold directly not through ebay and paypal held my money to make sure that I shipped the item. Now they have confirmed shipment and has technical problems with sending payment.

This morning I received this email from paypal asking me the following:

We have been able to sort the technical problems we are having and we are very much ready to release your total money into your account without delay but we want you to send us a scanned Copy of your Driver's license or any form of Identity to verify that we are releasing the payment to the right person because some people claims the money that does not belong to them and it affects our customers, so we want to put that to a stop[ because our Customer's safety and happiness is our greatest concern.

We wait to read from you as soon as possible.

Is it for real? or is it a scam email from someone trying to use py personal information?

thanks!
Login to Me Too

Philreno
Contributor
Contributor

They've just done the same to me. £580 pounds withheld for 3 weeks.

How can this be legal?

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Philreno

The post above yours is not the same thing, that was a scammer and not paypal.

As for your 21 day hold yes of course its legal and its the new seller hold.

Info in link below  >>

https://www.paypal.com/uk/webapps/mpp/fundsavailability

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

mstary1

Well after 16 years on Ebay and having a paypal account since 2008, that is me done with both for good.

Infuriating that my $444 is being withheld despite 100% feeback on all sales and approx $2500 worth of goods sold. 

The fact that I took a break from selling landed me over the 90 day period.  So now I'm untrustworthy? 

And ebay live chat was a joke.  

Who would of thought that Ebay would turn into such a hostile selliing environment?

Login to Me Too

Hopky
New Community Member

Exactly the same problem here. Decided to sell a few bits and pieces on ebay, If I had known It would take so long tp get paid I would have sold them somewhere else.

I won't be using ebay or it's partner in crime again.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.