Paypal holding my money

johndunne
New Community Member

I am so sick of paypal and ebay. As soon as I eventualy get paid for the items that they are iligaly holding my money for I will no longer be using them. I have been on Ebay selling and buying since 2009 and have over 350 transactions. Since 2 in the last year ( all i can call are idiot buyers ) left negitive feedback they are holding my funds, One of which left a positive reply in spanish but negitive review ? and the other demanded a box that was not listed in the auction anyway and which I sent him at my expense. I also have multiple transactions where no feedback was left..... How is this fair? No more I am done. Ebay and paypal are just setting sellers up to be scammed. I am no longer going to use their services and I bet I wont be the only one. LOL you can have your nice respected seller certificates back that you send me ebay..........

Login to Me Too
344 REPLIES 344

uniquemassive

PayPal have been holding my money for nearly the 180 day limit but still are not responding to messages sent to them, even via telephone conversations they have told me to put everything in writing and send a letter, even though they have not given me a UK address to send it to.

I had a 100% positive feedback on nearly 300 transactions on eBay, never really had a problem before, until I sold a few items which were acquired by myself legally from the said company directly (Microsoft) - all of a sudden I firstly had a charge-back, which due to the buyer lying that they hadn't received the item - even though the said postage was normal mail delivery, which the buyer agreed to - so I ended up being out of pocket by over £130 pound and PayPal never gave me any protection.

Then another item I sold via eBay which I received the money for became the subject to PayPal holding and still not releasing the funds. The buyer of this item is very pleased with what they received and I even sent PayPal copies of the invoice proofing the item was legitimate.

This is a disgusting way for PayPal to conduct business - the amount of interest they earn doing this practice would amount in to hundreds of thousands of pounds/dollars/euros and it is us, the PayPal user who get penalised.

I've got to the point that I want to cancel my PayPal account but they won't even let me do that. 

Login to Me Too

Louise198512
New Community Member

Yep paypal holding my money and the annoying thing is this is for concert tickets I sold privately - keep getting the adverts on telly saying the easy way to send money, so me and the buyer thought this would be the best option! Now the gig is in 2 weeks and I am reluctant to send the tickets off without payment actually being in my account! 

Stupid! 

Login to Me Too

Sharpphones
Contributor
Contributor
Same happened to me and this is the end for me with ebay and paypal all the governments around the world should step in as it is robbery.
Login to Me Too

Sharpphones
Contributor
Contributor
PayPal holding onto my payment for 21 days, paypal charges and ebay far too expensive they have got too greedy and holding my money as from today I will not be using them to sell. I have had to post out a £200 item without being paid as I did not want to upset my customer. Contacted paypal about this and no reply.
Login to Me Too

robsteer
Contributor
Contributor

I've used PayPal for the past 5 years and have never had an issue at all both buying and selling. PayPal and eBay both operate within their terms and conditions which YOU agreed to when you signed up to PayPal.

Why expect anything different from what they say they are going to do?

If ya don't like it, don't use it. Simple as that, no one is forcing you to. Keyboard bashing definitely isn't going to stop a collossal company like PayPal.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Agreed. They do what they say, if you don't like it then don't accept the user agreement.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

I too have been on eBay since 1992 and have 100% positive feedback. They are holding money for absolutely no reason. Even after my buyers have posted positive feedback I still have waited an additional 4-5 days after that. I totally understand there are some instances where money needs to be held, but with my track record, I just don't understand it. 

Login to Me Too

By the way....the "terms" that I agreed upon state that Paypal will release the money within 24 hours after the buyer posts positive feedback which is NOT happening.  I understand that I agreed to their policies and terms; however, they are not upholding their end of the terms which means they are illegally holding my money.

Login to Me Too

QwilteeBing
Contributor
Contributor
If people think that PayPal can do something like placing money on hold, without checking the legality of it first then that's unfortunate. Both eBay and PayPal have updated their policies and User Agreements since August last year. It is eBay who set the criteria for releasing funds, not PayPal, and positive feedback is no longer taken into consideration for releasing your money. Meet the criteria laid out by eBay and you'll all be gradually taken off these holds (provided there are no disputes or claims raised against you).
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

You need to keep yourself up to date.

Feedback no longer counts for payment release.

http://sellerupdate.ebay.co.uk/autumn2013/changes-payment-holds

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.