Paypal holding my money

johndunne
New Community Member

I am so sick of paypal and ebay. As soon as I eventualy get paid for the items that they are iligaly holding my money for I will no longer be using them. I have been on Ebay selling and buying since 2009 and have over 350 transactions. Since 2 in the last year ( all i can call are idiot buyers ) left negitive feedback they are holding my funds, One of which left a positive reply in spanish but negitive review ? and the other demanded a box that was not listed in the auction anyway and which I sent him at my expense. I also have multiple transactions where no feedback was left..... How is this fair? No more I am done. Ebay and paypal are just setting sellers up to be scammed. I am no longer going to use their services and I bet I wont be the only one. LOL you can have your nice respected seller certificates back that you send me ebay..........

Login to Me Too
344 REPLIES 344

gconti
Contributor
Contributor

Paypal is a scam through  and through. They take your money and good luck if you ever see it again. I ahve been waiting for over 80 days to have funds restored that they removed without justification.

Login to Me Too

Tillymint

Help please, 

After buying goods on line with PayPal, I returned them to the store.

They gave me a refund again through my PayPal account, but my money has

been placed on temporary hold ???????

What is the problem ?

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

If your payment has processed then something goes wrong and the seller has to refund you >

Then if the seller has no funds in their paypal balance they will fund the refund with an echeque but that takes a few days to clear, as soon as it clears the hold is lifted and your refund is credited to you.

If you funded your paypal payment to the seller with a card then when refunded it will automatically go back to that card after being marked as completed.

But it takes up to a week to process back to a bank account and a bit longer sometimes for a credit card payment.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

tness3415

Yeah they take your money right away they just don't want to give it back, just like a bank.

Login to Me Too

dgra
New Community Member

I have noticed that if the items are commonly ripped off,such as beats by dre,rolex and other more expensive brands.

Paypal will put a hold on the funds until the buyer has left positive feedback.

I understand their reasoning behind it due to the fact that the buyer could possibly spend lots of money on a product that they think is real. 

Only to find out once they recieve the item that its infact a fake or knock off. 

It does make sense.

I do wish I could access my money a little faster though.

Home rennovations do no fix themselves. 

Login to Me Too

Mandidextrous

I have been running my bandcamp through them for a good year or two now , also my ebay where i sell the odd item . I just sold something for 100 quid on ebay and they have decided to hold my payment for 28 days . FOR NO REASON other than theythink i am a new seller on ebay ! which is bollox i have sold plenty of stuff with these accounts in the past . I have had good feedback on the item also proof of postage and they are still holding my money that i am quite frankly desperate for . Also all my recent amen4tekno bandcamp purchases seem to be vanishing into thin air !

@johndunne wrote:

I am so sick of paypal and ebay. As soon as I eventualy get paid for the items that they are iligaly holding my money for I will no longer be using them. I have been on Ebay selling and buying since 2009 and have over 350 transactions. Since 2 in the last year ( all i can call are idiot buyers ) left negitive feedback they are holding my funds, One of which left a positive reply in spanish but negitive review ? and the other demanded a box that was not listed in the auction anyway and which I sent him at my expense. I also have multiple transactions where no feedback was left..... How is this fair? No more I am done. Ebay and paypal are just setting sellers up to be scammed. I am no longer going to use their services and I bet I wont be the only one. LOL you can have your nice respected seller certificates back that you send me ebay..........

Login to Me Too

terry64
Contributor
Contributor

same ill feeling from so many people (me included )

something is not right 

and then you modaypal david (text book david )

insulting are intelligence 

david i'v tried ringing paypal =nothing

e-mailing paypal     = nothing

excellent feed back      = nothing

i'v even had the buyer e-mail paypal to tell them they are so happy with there buy but still= NOTHING

so (TEXT BOOK DAVE THINK OUT SIDE THE BOX  and give us answers 

one would be as you are a mod one would be i will look into the sale look at you feed back ,dell ect ect 

and i 'll report it as good f-back ,dell ect ect 

thats useing your initiative

the last time i felt this bitter was when i had to fight the banks for my PPI'S 

PEOPLE WAKE UP without us meaning us the PEOPLE 

THERE IS NO BANKS NO PAYPAL ON EBAYS 

if everyone got on there face books ,rwitters and stoped using for a week these sites would fold.

thanks terryohare

@

hotmail

com

Login to Me Too

TheD
Contributor
Contributor

So what does "PayPal will contact you shortly" mean in relationship to actual time?  I canceled a payment because the receiving party gave me the wrong address.  The address does not even exist so that should be a no-brainer.  There is no button or complaint/feedback on these transactions and I'm feeling ignored with no way to actually contact PayPay.  The transaction was canceled within the first hour and it's now been over 36 hours and the party would like their money.  Is this one of PayPal’s money makes like banks?  "Will contact you shortly" is ridiculous. 

Login to Me Too

souper45

As an infrequent seller on e-bay, I can understand their holding funds until shipping completes and there are no complaints.  (I do have a 100% rating, however, and am verified on Paypal).  After Paypal showed a CONFIRMED TRANSFER to my bank account and the money didn't show up for two days, I called both the bank and Paypal.  I waited 15 minutes to talk to a human being at Paypal, someplace on the other side of the world.  She took a couple of minutes to find the correct response in her file of answers and told me since they aren't a bank, the money goes through a clearing house and has to take 2-3 business days.  This is a COMPLETE LIE!  First, their message of the transfer to my bank account was false.  Second, moving money through a clearing house takes SECONDS, not DAYS.  They are actually slowing the flow of funds to make money on the float.  If they were a bank, they couldn't get away with it, since federal regulations now require electronic transfers to be credited to the account within one business day. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.