Paypal holding my money

johndunne
New Community Member

I am so sick of paypal and ebay. As soon as I eventualy get paid for the items that they are iligaly holding my money for I will no longer be using them. I have been on Ebay selling and buying since 2009 and have over 350 transactions. Since 2 in the last year ( all i can call are idiot buyers ) left negitive feedback they are holding my funds, One of which left a positive reply in spanish but negitive review ? and the other demanded a box that was not listed in the auction anyway and which I sent him at my expense. I also have multiple transactions where no feedback was left..... How is this fair? No more I am done. Ebay and paypal are just setting sellers up to be scammed. I am no longer going to use their services and I bet I wont be the only one. LOL you can have your nice respected seller certificates back that you send me ebay..........

Login to Me Too
344 REPLIES 344

Geraldinemudie
Contributor
Contributor
Yes this eBay PayPal is just to much of a risk to sell anything.the horror stories are all over the net.they are holding my money yet again when I get it is not worth guessing about.if I was relying on this money I would be totally f......d.why do they even let me have a PayPal eBay account if I'm untrustworthy .i could buy something on eBay today and get it for nothing and completely **bleep** the seller no problem ?i won't because I am not a thief or a criminal PayPal eBay.these beasts are above the uk law it would seem.use with extreme caution ?
Login to Me Too

nameer
New Community Member

I had the exact same thing happen to me. I was selling a macbook pro laptop for $690.00, and paypal confirmed in two emails that the payment had been made. However, my paypal funds are still at 0 and there is nothing pending. The buyer also confirmed sending the funds. Paypal is infuriating

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@nameer

BE VERY CAREFUL this is not a scam.

They target high sales items.

The buyer is not asking you to send the item to Nigeria or elsewhere in Africa are they?

If there is no money IN OR PENDING to your paypal account then odds on they may not have paid.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

davethomas
Contributor
Contributor

Paypal the real scammer no interest on money they hold for 180 days !

Login to Me Too

Andy254
Having read through some of the comments I still think the information provided by PayPal regarding payment holds is a little bit contradictory & irregular. Paypal's terms indicate that payment holds are often placed upon eBay transactions if the account does NOT meet any of the following: 1) 90 days have passed since the first successful eBay sale. 2) More than 25 received payments have been completed on the site. 3) More than £165 has been generated in total sales. 4) If the account had been suspended previously and has been reinstated more than 90 days ago 5) The seller status on the account is Standard or above PayPal further advertise as follows: "It is possible to get PayPal payment holds removed from your account and get paid immediately you just need to meet the criteria outlined above and establish good selling practices." Having met the above requirements I contacted PayPal because my recent payments from eBay transactions were still being held. The advisor responded & confirmed that some increases in the price of my sold items were the cause of PayPal continuing to apply the holds. However, this is something which is not specified in the marketing & help sections. It was completely new information to me. From reading other comments it appears sellers are working hard to ensure they meet the requirements which they believe will permanently remove payment holds. Furthermore PayPal make it clear that such holds can be permanently removed providing the obligations are met & maintained. Sellers are then informed of what appear to be completely new & 'unexpected' terms which prohibit them from accessing their money sooner. I know personally (& have double checked my DSRs, time durations, sales volumes etc) that I have met all of the terms specified & have contacted PayPal to permanently remove the holds, but unfortunately with no success. There always seems to be a new reason. I enjoy using eBay, & respect the duties of safety upon payment processors, but PayPal often bemuses me with its somewhat distorted, ever-changing policies which only make the selling process more tedious in the end!
Login to Me Too

courier77
Contributor
Contributor

Totally agree, here is my view ..... Faith and trust has been forgotten here, I put my item up in good faith (backed up by 100% positive feedback as a seller and buyer on ebay) the purchaser bought in good faith then sent payment to Paypal. Paypal then put this money in pending, made me jump through hoops to speed payment to me.... already received by Paypal.

I am still sat here with no money whilst the buyer is sat enjoying his purchase, rightly so as he has paid in full.

If business was completed on Paypals model where will we end up? I go to Apple buy a Mac, pay via Paypal .... Paypal then hold the money I paid instantly from Apple until I have got home, unwrapped, happy with the product... then bothered to take the time to send feedback to the seller that i'm happy with my purchase. All complete .... However, Paypal then tell Apple (the seller) thats great, in 7 days the funds we received 10 days ago 'should' be in your account.

Login to Me Too

ovenbuffer
New Community Member

Seriously!!!  Who thought making it more difficult to start a business was a good idea?  I need the money I earned so that I can ship my first sale!  I'm not too sure about the reason (i.e. generating interest), but if this is how it's going to be then I will boycott ebay and paypal alltogether.  I sold an item to generate some money and was very excited, but this has left a very sour taste in my mouth.  This is a Monopoly type, scumbag move by PayPal.  They didn't even warn me, they just did it.  Jerks!!! 

Login to Me Too

PayPal_david

Hi guys.

We understand that holds being placed on your received payments can be very frustrating but there are other ways that you can get access to your funds sooner.

If you were previously selling and holds were only placed on your account recently, you should be advised via email why the holds were placed and you will be given more information on when the holds will be removed. 

You can find more information on this here https://www.paypal.com/selfhelp/article/FAQ1377/1/?country.x=GB&locale.x=en_GB

David.

Login to Me Too

LaizaVenice
Contributor
Contributor

When you use a company's Service you need to follow their policy. Try selling your item on the street and NOT ONLINE so you can get your funds right there and then. coz GUES WHAT? that's FACE TO FACE!

Login to Me Too

Fuddoo
PayPal are holding my money and I send them the tracking and the item been derived and I still not got paid it need 7days
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.