Paypal Holding Money For 72 Hours!

AngryIain
Contributor
Contributor

So I recently created a paypal account just for the sake of one payment. My landlord in China couldnt bank transfer me my deposit back or western union me it so she suggested paypal. I create the account and she transfers the funds. The funds clear and I click withdraw. I get the notice that it may take up to two hours for the transfer to complete and I click confirm. After I click confirm I get the message saying it will take up to 72 hours. I have verified my bank, all details are correct so please may i know the reason for the "Paypal Review"? Are you just holding on to people's money in order to gain the interest to turn a higher profit or are you doing it to just be unreasonable. Surely you can see all the other user's angry comments on the site so why not try to resolve the matter or give an explanation as to the reasoning why? If paypal wants to remain the powerhouse of online money transfer I suggest they start caring about their customers more. Some people make a living off paypal and they need that money a lot faster than 72 hours. Resolve this paypal.

Login to Me Too
108 REPLIES 108

CSY2014
New Community Member

They hold my money EVERYTIME I request withdrawal....

Yet they are so efficient at taking money from my bank accounts... within seconds!

Extremely frustrating...

Login to Me Too

Poshjunk
Contributor
Contributor
Happens to me too! Withdrawals always took 2 hours now they take 72 hours. No one at paypal can tell me why. It's rubbish! I hope someone creates a similar service to paypal soon!!
Login to Me Too

Paula2014
Contributor
Contributor

They have been holding my money last few times as well - for 72 hours which really **bleep** me off.

Will be looking for another paypal-like service to use instead as this is unacceptable!

I think it is their tactic to force people to sign up for their paypal card  - this way you can instantly windraw money - but you'll have to pay a witdrawal fee! Greedy c@nts!

What a shady and unfair way of promoting  new card! **bleep**! Now I will NEVER sign up for it!!

Login to Me Too

Rmfashionzz
New Community Member
I am so annoyed with paypal! Have used paypal to withdraw funds for over a year now and never had a problem and on Thursday evening, tried to withdraw and message saying will take up to 72 hours! Really cheeky paypal, and can't understand the reasons either! Hope someone from paypal and answer to my comment. Will have to reconsider my future payment too!!, can't be using paypal if this happens all the time. Sort it out paypal or u will be loosing millions from us all, as no one is happy! Rant over!
Login to Me Too

angrygirl

Who Do PayPal Think They Are.

Linked paypal to my  bank.. 1p in my account same day.

Linked my card... 2 days to take £1

Account verifed now. Great now i can transfer my money to my bank.

JOKE.

First time i withdraw funds. page said it will take upto 72 hours.. Ok first withdrawal not a problem i can wait..

Got my funds in account.. on the 72 hour.. 

Great now i should get my funds within 2 hours next time i withdraw..

How Wrong was i..

Next withdrawal again 72 hours on the nose.. 

ok now i though next withdrawal will be within 2 hours.

OH NO again 72 hours review.. 

I spoke with my brother who is an accountant about it. He said.. The longer our cash is in paypals accounts the more interest paypal make.. 

Hmm its time paypal stopped playing the big chef with our money. 

Reviewing withdrawals the first time we make one is ok.. and maybe the odd review now and then. but 3 time in a row is not ethical.

I withdraw my money because i need it that same day.

My baby Needs it.

My gas meter needs it...It is cold you know..

As ive been writing this post i been on the phone to a nice lady..at paypal.

She just said the first 90 days  it will take upto 72 hours each time i withdraw..

...3 Months of reviews..???? 

In my front window i have a picture of a dog. it says Warning i bite First and ask questions later...

thats is how you treat your customers

Can PayPal Answer a few questions

Why 3 months of reviews?

What gets reviewed each time.?

Why do you say upto 72 hour. when you really mean on or after 72 hours?

How much do paypal make in interest from us.?

Why Should We Stay with paypal when other companys like UKASH treat customers like humans. 

Said my piace now.. 

Baby woken up now. so now i will see if i left any scraps on my dinner plate... he dosent eat much.. that just as well. because paypal. are Reviewing/Earning from MY OWN MONEY.

I bet paypal will not read or answer this post. or if they do it will be upto 72 hours before they do.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

When you pay a seller it is never instant > paypal credit the seller for you and then start the process of uploading your funds to paypal from your funding source.

So if you as that seller withdraw that payment instantly then its paypals money you are withdrawing and the hold is just a precaution whilst they wait for the buyers funds to clear through to themselves.

Thats why i only withdraw one a week or fortnight and never get the hold.

Oh and the reason I think paypal is better than others is because as a buyer i would never send money to a stranger without paypals buyer protection.

As a seller it means I get more buyers.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Paula2014
Contributor
Contributor

Excuse me - we all understand what you said above but how come suddenly paypal imposed the 72 hours rule for reviews and it has never been the case before? It only became the problem for everyone since paypal started doing it almost every transaction to everyone! And the reviews only started since paypal started to advertise their paypal card where you can withdraw money from paypal instantly (ofcourse having to pay a £2 withdrawal fee) ??? What a coincidence? What no enough people signed up for it??? I agree the buyers protection etc is great, however there has never been a problem with paypal witholding people's money before so clearly there is another agenda here.

Login to Me Too

ADAMRHODES
Contributor
Contributor

I HAVE FASTER PAYMENT WITH MY BARCLAYS!! SO I SHOULD HAVE IT WITHIN 2 HOURS!!! YET IM STILL ON PENDING FOR 72HOURS!!!!!! CARE TO EXPLAIN! YOU ARE MESSING WITH MY LIVELYHOOD HERE IT WOULD OF BEEN FASTER IF I BLOODY DROVE TO COLLECT MY MONEY FROM MY FRIEND!!! 

PAYPAL SORT IT OUT!! 

ITS A PAYPAL GIFT, ITS MY MONEY, AND OUR TELEPHONE COVERSATION STATED YES I CAN HAVE IT WITHIN 2 HOURS!!!!

THIS IS URGENT!! I HAVE BILLS TO PAY!!!! 

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Paypal does not have to sort anything out.

You agreed that the 2 hour withdrawal time is not guaranteed AND that paypal can hold your money for security reviews ( ie waiting for the actual buyers money to clear through to paypal to reimburse them for the money they credited you in advance) in the user agreement we signed when we joined paypal.

Complaining won't make any difference, it normally clears exactly on 72 hours from my experience.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

rmissin
Contributor
Contributor

Do you actually know what your talking about, or are you just assuming this because Paypal told you that's what they do ?

Can you explain to me the exact process Paypal use ?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.