Paypal Holding Money For 72 Hours!

AngryIain
Contributor
Contributor

So I recently created a paypal account just for the sake of one payment. My landlord in China couldnt bank transfer me my deposit back or western union me it so she suggested paypal. I create the account and she transfers the funds. The funds clear and I click withdraw. I get the notice that it may take up to two hours for the transfer to complete and I click confirm. After I click confirm I get the message saying it will take up to 72 hours. I have verified my bank, all details are correct so please may i know the reason for the "Paypal Review"? Are you just holding on to people's money in order to gain the interest to turn a higher profit or are you doing it to just be unreasonable. Surely you can see all the other user's angry comments on the site so why not try to resolve the matter or give an explanation as to the reasoning why? If paypal wants to remain the powerhouse of online money transfer I suggest they start caring about their customers more. Some people make a living off paypal and they need that money a lot faster than 72 hours. Resolve this paypal.

Login to Me Too
108 REPLIES 108

The_Truth
Contributor
Contributor

I was considering running my business through paypal,  but i will NEVER be sending money to my paypal account again..

I had a spare £30 of cleared and available funds in my Paycrap account.. so i chose to withdraw it to my bank so i could get a little extra shopping for christmas..

Well now i find out that Paycrap will not give you YOUR money, unless you wait three days AFTER requesting it.

This applies when friends send you money aswell..  It would be much quicker to wait 2 days until you see them next and get the money from them in person..

**bleep** even if they lived hundreds of miles away.. it would still be quicker for them to post the money, and have Royal Mail deliver it to you..

If you are selling an item and the buyer is collecting from you, tell them you want the cash on collection..  then these idiots cant keep YOUR money for three days.

I am never going to set up my business in Paycrap now..  There is no way i am having my customers money held in one of their accounts..  EVER..

I am going to ONLY USE PAYPAL TO PAY for items online....  that way i can use up their time money and resources, processing my transactions, with full buyer protection, without them earning ONE PENNY from me..

Someone else can pay their fees and charges, and wait three days for their money to arrive..

F**ki*ng  Idiots  .....

Login to Me Too

Robobo
Contributor
Contributor

have a nice day

Login to Me Too

Robobo
Contributor
Contributor

OK i retract my complaint!

You can get the 72hrs sped up if u PM them via their facebook page!

Even on a Sunday...

Faith in PAYPAL restored...

They got my trust

Login to Me Too

Just when selling ask for cash recorded delivery or un crossed postal order.or pick up only with cash on collection and ask buyer cancel transaction.

Post edited to comply with forum guidelines.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Yet your paypal account is still open??

You can think what you want about paypal but if you hate it that much it is very odd you still have an opened account. 

Also why sell on ebay if you hate it so much? There are other sites.

Or is it that you sell there and accept paypal because you make money by doing so?  Smiley Wink

I like golf as well, keeps you fit doesn't it.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

dazzlerweb
Contributor
Contributor

it's little surprise the Volunteer Advisor has zero kudos for these comments lol as useful as an ash tray on a motorbike, making pointless unhelpful comments.

I'm outraged by this 72 hour "pending" policy, it is literally withholding customers money without any legitimate justification, 72 hours to do what exactly? review the transaction? really lol it's clearly to make interest off the money anyone with half a brain cell can determine that.

I've worked in customer services/management for over 25 years and by any standards this is simply unacceptable, just read these comments, PayPal your customers are not happy to put it mildly. Anyone can see this is not good practice and is not practiced by other financial institutions. I hope Facebook or another business comes along and wipes you off the planet!

A very dissatisfied customer! (you know the kind that you should be bending over backwards to please whilst you reap the rewards, like other major companies do)

Login to Me Too

GADS
New Community Member
So PayPal have gone from 2 hours to 72 in me withdrawing money from my PayPal account to bank account How poor is this. My own protection and safety. That's utter nonsense. As long as the money is in my PayPal account I want immediate access to it not 72 hours. All this time it's been there instantly and now this. Very sad indeed.
Login to Me Too

lovinglife2014
Contributor
Contributor

The way Paypal operate is a joke. I have 100% positive feedback on Ebay, am fully verfied and usually get money immediately. As of yesterday all withdrawals take 72 hours. I have been told this is due to change of information. I have not changed anything. Same IP, same computer as always with the same cookies, usual sums of money received, tracking added for all items sold, 100% positive feedback, no new cards or bank account added etc etc. 

There is no justification for this whatsoever it is just an excuse to hold our money and make interest. I suggest if you are having this problem you contact BBC Watchdog as they are currently investigating paypal (AGAIN) and they want to hear from anyone encountering these issues. I have given Paypal ample opportunity to give me my funds and they have ignored me so this seems the best course of action. 

Login to Me Too

Joe-1985
Contributor
Contributor

Been withdrawing money since sunday morning and it has still not hit my bank account.

Are we safe to post the items out under this new hold? Can the payment fail to transfer?

As far as the buyer is concerned they have paid and they will not be happy recieving goods 3 days later than normal?

Total joke

Am sure ebay/paypal will have no problem releasing funds from my bank come the end of the month when my fees are due.

Login to Me Too

Catleigh2461
Contributor
Contributor

This has gone beyond a joke now for me. All but one transaction in the last two weeks has been on hold. Allegedly for security reaosns - nothing to do with PayPal making interest of course!

So frustrated 😞

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.