Payment hold and unknown claim from paypal

Nicole_npt
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

On 7th nov 2012, i made a payment to Iple house company to purchase a doll and goods. After i complete my payment, to my suprise, my paypal account was limited for 2 days and there was an open claim  created  by paypal with the inquiry of my payment  of $1065 is temporarily on hold by paypal. I don't understand this thing , i didn't  filed a claim to paypal and i don't know why it appeared in my account ???!! I opened this account in London Uk but i logged in and made payment from Vietnam. Is there anything wrong with this? Why did paypal opened a claim and saying that i'm the one who filed the claim eventhough i'm not aware of it. Also, how long would paypal  hold my money? I already sent them email to close the claim because it wasnot authentic and original by me. I wonder how long should i have to wait for paypal to solve this problem because the goos i purchased is limited  and if the seller doesnt receive the payment in 3 days i wo'nt be able to get the products.  And what will happen to my money if the transaction is cancel by the seller if they dont receive payment in time?? Anyone having similar case like this? Please help me out! :((((

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

If you have a UK account and then pay a large sum of money in Vietnam paypal are going to hear warning bells as they are going to think maybe the UK owners paypal account has become hijacked.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Nicole_npt
Contributor
Contributor

Oh i get it now. But how paypal suppose to resolve this problem and how long does it take? Can you please kindly explain more for me? Thank you so much!!!

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

The only way to sort it is to phone paypal direct or email them via contact us.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Nicole_npt
Contributor
Contributor

In this case , will i be able to close the claim myself or i have to wait for paypal ??

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.