Payment completed funds not available

Rina12013
New Community Member
Hi I have just sold my first item on eBay and the buyer has made a payment with PayPal so I have checked my PayPal account and it says completed funds not available. Can you please explain what this means as I don't feel comfortable with sending out the item until it has been payed for?
Login to Me Too
16 REPLIES 16

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Why your payments are held.

• You have been selling on eBay for less than 90 days
• You have an eBay feedback score fewer than 100 as a seller and have not yet established a record of good performance
• You have received fewer than 20 Detatiled Seller Ratings on eBay in the last 12 months or your eBay seller performance is below standard
• You have a high rate of customer disputes or a low eBay feedback percentage
• You have been a PayPal member for less than 6 months and have limited selling activity
• You have a sudden change in selling activities (e.g. suddenly selling expensive items, selling large numbers of items, etc.)
• You happen to be selling in a high risk category such as tickets, travel, gift vouchers, computers, electronics, mobile phones, etc.
Depending on the circumstances, paypal may set aside payments for a single transaction or for all payments to sellers who meet the criteria above.

How can I get the payments released before 21 days.

1. If your buyer leaves feedback (pos) then funds are normally released within 48 hours of that feedback being left.
2. If you decide to send an item trackable then you can add the tracking number to the details of the paypal transaction and funds are then released when the item shows as delivered + 3 days.

Its for buyer protection > if a seller refuses to refund a buyer for an item not received and paypal can't access funds in the sellers account then they refund the buyer themselves.

So to protect themselves and still be able to offer buyer protection they hang on to the funds of new sellers until they have a record of good performance.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

cara2206
Contributor
Contributor

Hi there,

My paypal says ok to send, but it also says funds not available, do I still send my item to the buyer?  Sorry, first time seller :-))))

Thanks for your help in advance :-))

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Dian

Hi Cara2206,

Welcome to our community and thank you for choosing PayPal :).

And this forum is here to help so no need to say sorry. 

If the money for the payment is on you PayPal balance you can ship the item to the  buyer. If you are a first time seller we might place a hold on the received payment. Funds not available means that you cannot withdraw the funds yet. 

We’ve been dealing with online payments for years and we’ve realised that this helps to prevents losses, by keeping your money secure. It also makes buyers feel safer and more likely to return and purchase again.

Typically, you’ll have access to these pending payments within:

1. 3 calendar days of the estimated delivery date, if you mark the item as sent in your eBay account and provide delivery tracking information, or
  2. 7 calendar days of the estimated delivery date, if you mark the item as sent in your eBay account but don’t provide delivery tracking information, or
  3. 21 calendar days, if you don’t mark the item as sent in your eBay account and don't provide delivery tracking information

I hope this information helps. 

Dian

Login to Me Too

retardedadam
New Community Member

Dian,

Hi - i'm a first-time seller too and getting a lttle confused about the pending balance I have on the account.

Can I send the goods to my customers at this status or should I wait a bit longer!!?

Kind regards,

Adam

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Dian

Hi Retardedadam,

Thank you for posting. If your payment is pending and you do not have it on your PayPal-balance you should not ship the item yet. Only when you have received the funds on your balance you can ship the item. 

If we would place a temporarily hold on your payment this would still be added  to your balance. So that is how you can see the difference. 

Added to your balance means send the item. Not added to your balance do not sent the item :). 

Dian

Login to Me Too

mp1234

Please help me I already bought postage to send out package and just find out money is not show in my paypal balance. It said payment completed but funds not available..

What should i do? do I have to send out or wait ...

Thanks for helping me

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Conor

Hi mp1234, 

Welcome to our Community 🙂

This is usually why funds are placed into a pending balance: http://ow.ly/Tfqsl

This is completely normal for newer Sellers and you'll find that if you send that parcel tracked and add the tracking information to your account, our system will automatically move those funds into your available balance once the item has been delivered for 3 days.

I hope that puts your mind at ease and please let me know if you've any further questions about this process,

Conor 

Login to Me Too

ThunderInsomnia
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks! This helps a bit. I'm a new seller, and I was worried about the payment. Thanks!

Login to Me Too

nidge001
Contributor
Contributor

Can you please stop holding my funds. I am disabled and can't work so ebay is my only option to earn a bit of money. It does cause problems as money is tight and therefore i might not be able to post an item due to lack of funds. If this persists then i will NOT use paypal and only take Postal Orders or Cheques and explain the problem i have with Paypal. I have NEVER ripped anyone off or been dis-honest so you are causing problems for the sake of it!

If you wish to didcuss this i will listen

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.