PayPal withholding my money for 21 days.. So I'm withholding theirs.

shellsbells
Contributor
Contributor

Dear PayPal,

I am with-holding your money for 21 days or until you receive positive feedback, which judging from the internet and forums here, is not going to happen any time soon. I believe you to be an untrustworthy company and as such, I have blocked all your transactions from my main bank account.

They have also refunded money you attempted to take today, even though you have money of mine locked in my PayPal.

When you decide to do the honest thing and release my funds, I will think about releasing yours.

I will have no further involvement with paypal or ebay.

Many thanks.

Login to Me Too
36 REPLIES 36

JDavid76
Contributor
Contributor

talimtiger

I agree this is a big load of crap and unreasonable. People go through financial problems and sometimes they need to sell their stuff because they need access to funds immediately, but ebay is not the place that can help you with that. I could understand maybe if they held your funds for the first 2-5 transactions if they want to make sure you're not a scammer, but I've already sold at least 20 times and they still hold my funds. Plus after the buyer receives the shipment, it still takes another couple days before they release your funds. It feels like I'm just giving my stuff away for free. After all the things I've sold, I don't know what more paypal/ebay want me to prove. I've already proven that I am a reliable seller, I have 100% positive feedback, so tell me what justifies continuing to hold my funds, a-holes. I don't know how other people can support and defend this unreasonable and unethical practice. I'm sure there are other more reasonable ways to implement buyer protection without **bleep** over an honest seller.

Login to Me Too

JDavid76
Contributor
Contributor

I have the answer.

ITS CALLED A CIVIL LAWSUIT.

I dont put up with this crap.

Ill sue them til there is no longer an ebay or paypal to be found on the planet.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Smiley Very Happy

how can you sue someone for something that is in their user agreement that YOU AGREED TO when you opened an account. Smiley Wink

AND who's user agreement was APPROVED by the U.K  F.S.A !!

Hope you have lots of money to waste.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Chris-Morley
Contributor
Contributor

I know what you mean, I have 7 waiting the 21 day rule, yet all buyers have had there goods for ages, still 10 days to wait. This is such a stupid rule, there should be a way that paypal funds are given on notification of receipt of the item to the buyer.

Login to Me Too

bacagen
Contributor
Contributor

I sell for a hobby and really dont need the money that pay pal is holding of mine straight away,BUT I think it is totally wrong that they hold it for that long,also when you transfer it to your bank thats another 3 days,I honestly think they are breaking the law,I wonder what Trading Standards think?

Login to Me Too

bacagen
Contributor
Contributor

I am thinking of holding the items I have sold for 21 days or until my money has been released,I know that would give me bad feed back on ebay but so what? Under the description of the items I could put, due to paypal's holding of money your goods will be posted when your money has been released

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

If you do that then all that will happen is that the buyers will file for non receipt of item and you will get loads of bad feedback and your paypal account will probably be limited.

When i went through the hold the longest that i waited was 7 days as i sent everything trackable.

The actual hold did not last long either.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Shellsbells78
Contributor
Contributor

I'm the op.. I forgot my login. 

Same issue again. This time it's put me overdrawn on my main bank account because I sold it at a low price for a quick sale as I had a direct debit going out and was a bit short on funds. Then because they have with-held my money again, I've had to send and pay postage and tracking (which was more expensive than the advertised standard post fees, now I'm out of pocket on that!)

Fool me once, shame on you.. Fool me twice, shame on me!

I'm the idiot for using paypal and ebay again. I have definitly learnt my lesson this time. 

Oh and Kernowlass, you are not helpful, you are just annoying and rude, so please stop posting.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Thats tough isn't it because i will post when, how and as often as i like.

Sellers that have been using ebay a long while all went through the hold and as it was for buyer protection we did not mind.

It also weeds out poor sellers and so it looks as if it is doing its job as those that don't want to go through it for buyer protection seem to leave...........and that is good for other sellers and great for buyers. 

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.