***PayPal Postage Issues***

PayPal_AdrianO

Some of Royal Mail's web applications are currently experiencing technical difficulties which are affecting PayPal’s online postage service. Royal Mail apologises to customers for any inconvenience and is treating this matter extremely seriously. Royal Mail is working very hard to fix these problems as quickly as possible, however, no timeframe has been given as of yet.

Login to Me Too
28 REPLIES 28

Are they *ever* going to fix this mess?

As someone above says...if you cannot make it work consistently then remove the service from the site.

Login to Me Too

adamandeve
New Community Member

I have now been trying all day to create a postage label, and keep getting the following error message:

We are not able to generate your label at this time. Your PayPal account was not charged. Please try again later

PayPal Postage is not available. We apologise for the inconvenience.

Login to Me Too

dbsj12310
Contributor
Contributor

It is down AGAIN, I have been trying to print postage since yesterday afternoon. This is incredibly frustrating!

Login to Me Too

katiewoodles20
New Community Member

I have been trying to buy postage & print a label from ebay paying via PayPal. Does not work...returning message "this recipient does not accept payment in the denomination of US Dollars" PayPal cannot process this request at this time - return to merchant!!!!

Logged into Paypal and purchased directly from my transaction list without any problem at all...perfect! BUT don't know where the problem sits....seems like the translation of data being sent from ebay, OR could it be the translation by the receiving software program.

Login to Me Too

going2thePO
Contributor
Contributor

Ok - so I am getting the "cant print postage right now, please try later" message for a couple of days.

What I really, really, really dont understand is this: The message comes up because PayPal know that its not working. WHY NOT put the message at the START of the postage process?!!!

Doesnt look like its going to be fixed any time soon, I guess someone has gone on holiday.

Login to Me Too

BestGreenTea
New Community Member

Thank you going2thePO, I have been getting this message too, I thought that perhaps it doesn't work on weekends by default (it's Saturday), but now I see that it is simply not working very often, however I did print 2 labels a few days ago; anyway, I am also going to the Post Office now 😉 Thanks again.

Login to Me Too

BestGreenTea
New Community Member

Thank you katiewoodles20, I also got that message about US dollars from eBay, I chatted with an eBay representative and they didn't know why the message was showing up, so they advised downgrading Firefox to the 6 version... Smiley Frustrated which I of course will not do, as we now have a much higher version and an older one would be a security threat. I also used PayPal directly at that time and purchased 2 labels without problems.

However, now even printing via PayPal doesn't work 😕

Login to Me Too

FilthyRaider
Contributor
Contributor

PayPal Postage is not available. We apologise for the inconvenience.

Yet again this morning. My local post office forced me into using the bloody awful system, whilst still allowing others to stand around with fifteen items they all want 'signed for'. All my items were correctly addressed, Recorded Delivery stickers on but 'no'. You have to use the crap RM system. That failed so I switched to PayPal and this keeps failing.

Login to Me Too

peter77
Contributor
Contributor

@PayPal_AdrianO wrote:

Some of Royal Mail's web applications are currently experiencing technical difficulties which are affecting PayPal’s online postage service. Royal Mail apologises to customers for any inconvenience and is treating this matter extremely seriously. Royal Mail is working very hard to fix these problems as quickly as possible, however, no timeframe has been given as of yet.

Login to Me Too

sarahsinnett
New Community Member

i'm new to selling on ebay, but when i havesold things i have requested buyer pays postage, yet when payment comes thru it is just covers cost of item and im having to pay the posting fees, i do not use the print postage label as i no longer have a printer, can anyone help, and can i claim it back

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.