PayPal Pending Balance

isancho2308
Contributor
Contributor

Hi there,

Okay so a buyer paid for an item and the balance is now pending. I read around quite a bit on the internet and found out that if the buyer leaves positive feedback the pending balance gets released. 

So positive feedback has now been left and the item has been delivered. The feedback was left last night and my pending balance has still not been released. I am quite annoyed as that is my money. Fairnenough PayPal charging you commisions and stuff but cumon thats just unfair!

Anyways beside my rant when will my pending balance be released even though positive feedback has been left by the buyer?

Thanks and any help is greatly appreciated 🙂

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

zzzzxxxx

Sadly you've been misinformed.  Feedback left in eBay has nothing to do with your Paypal payments.  Don't send anything until payment has cleared in your account.  Buyer could easily cancel the pending payment and still recieve their item as you sent it out before payment clearing.  There are a variety of reasonas as the why the payment is still pending, if it was me I'd contact Paypal directly to find out why and hope the buyer is honest in the meantime and doesn't cancel their payment. 

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Hi zzzzzz you need to read up on the 21 day payment hold for new sellers on ebay as payment is released on feedback being left.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Aysha786
Contributor
Contributor
I have the same problem, paypal have got 80.00 of mine on hold. 'pending'. I also read somewhere that it only clears when buyer leaves positive feedback..? But I didnt think that was right incase buyer left negative feedback then theyd have the have the item and a refund. So I dont know how or wen payment wil be received
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

If it is showing in your paypal account as pending due to the 21 day payment hold then the payment is released when:

1. Pos feedback has been left by the buyer but the payment will take up to 48 hours to be released.

2. If you added a tracking number and that number showed that the item had been delivered + 3 days.

If  you have met one of those criteria and waited the time needed and payment still not released then email paypal with the transaction i.d. of the payment and they will release the funds for you.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Heres the full info for you if you are subject to the 21 day hold for new ebay sellers.

Why your payments are held.

• You have been selling on eBay for less than 90 days
  • You have an eBay feedback score fewer than 100 and have not yet established a record of good performance
  • You have received fewer than 20 Detatiled Seller Ratings on eBay in the last 12 months or your eBay seller performance is below standard
  • You have a high rate of customer disputes or a low eBay feedback percentage
  • You have been a PayPal member for less than 6 months and have limited selling activity
  • You have a sudden change in selling activities (e.g. suddenly selling expensive items, selling large numbers of items, etc.)
  • You happen to be selling in a high risk category such as tickets, travel, gift vouchers, computers, electronics, mobile phones, etc.

Depending on the circumstances, paypal may set aside payments for a single transaction or for all payments to sellers who meet the criteria above.

How can I get the payments released before 21 days.

1. If your buyer leaves feedback (pos) then funds are normally released within 48 hours of that feedback being left.

2. If you decide to send an item trackable then you can add the tracking number to the details of the paypal transaction and funds are then released when the item shows as delivered + 3 days.

What if I have met the criteria for release either earlier or at 21 days and the funds are still held.

Then you can email or phone paypal via contact us bottom of paypal pages with the transaction numbers of the items and ask them to "hurry up" and release your dosh.                        

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.