PayPal 'Payment Recieved' Email, But Funds Did Not Appear In Account

HarrisonTZ
Contributor
Contributor

Hey guys, I am having a problem. I recently sent a couple of phones to TriPhonia (if you don't know what that is, you send them your phone and they pay you) and recieved my payment when they recieved the phones. However, the account that I had been emailing them from was not mine, and the PayPal account associated with that email was limited. I specifically asked TriPhonia to send it to my account, yet they did not. I told them this, I refunded them, and they placed the funds into my account. I then recieved the foloowing email from TriPhonia (the picture got slightly warped when I edited it in Paint.) :

I went to my account and did not see the funds, and so I went back to this email, adn clicked the 'Confirm your email address now' link. After I did this, the funds were still not present. Then, I recieved an email from PayPal stating that the payment was on hold. There was no hold balance (or any other transaction, for that matter) on my PayPal. I then changed my password, because I assumed that the funds recieved email was fake. I kept chekcing back for the next half hour, but the payment was still not appearing. I emailed TP and told them about the issue, and they forwarded me the receipt they received from PP. Here it is:

I am afraid that if I contact PayPal, they will limit my account. What should I do?

Login to Me Too
9 REPLIES 9

PayPal_Adrian
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

HarrisonTZ -

Hello there!

Apologies on editing your post, I removed the photos because they included some personal information.  We try our best to keep your information safe Smiley Happy

As for the payment, it sounds like it's undergoing a fairly standard review.  This process is just to make sure everything is alright and you shouldn't have any problems with the payment.  Usually our teams finish up in less than 24 hours and make the funds available to you at that time - be sure to let us know when the funds are released to you!

Sincerely,

Adrian

Was my post helpful? If so, please give me a kudos!

Did my post solve the issue? If so, please accept it as a solution!
Login to Me Too

HarrisonTZ
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for removing them then! I ended up calling you guys, and the problem was fixed in minutes. Thanks!

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Adrian
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

You're welcome, and glad to hear it! 

Adrian

Was my post helpful? If so, please give me a kudos!

Did my post solve the issue? If so, please accept it as a solution!
Login to Me Too

Goodall
Contributor
Contributor

I have been sent funds, but they do not appear on my account and I need to transfer it to my bank account - please help.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

More details would help.

Is this an ebay transaction.

Are you a new ebay seller.

Have you asked your buyer what it says in their paypal account.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Goodall
Contributor
Contributor

I am not a new ebay seller, have been a member of ebay since 2007. I did have to change paypal account linked to ebay. The buyer's payment has been "APPROVED" but the funds are being held until I provide proof of postage, however I am not in a financial situation to pay for postage until I receive the funds that are being held.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

If the buyers payment does not show in your paypal account then its one of 2 reasons.

1. The email address is incorrect on your ebay auction and you still have the old one there.

2. This may be a scam if you are getting emails telling you to post before you receive payment, i hope the item is not pricy and going to Nigeria?? 

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Goodall
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you - yes, this has been a scam that fortunately has proved unsuccessful on this ocassion - the item is pricey & was "supposed" to be going to Nigeria.

After speaking with the most helpful advisor on the phone, I have now copied and sent all correspondence regarding this "buyer" to spoof.

Thank you once again!

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

1-0 to the sellers. Smiley Happy

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.