PayPal Here - Collect customer information - how to retrieve it?

sikahn
New Community Member

Hi 

I used my PayPal Here card reader for the first time over the weekend and I'm really happy with it.

I have one question - after you've made a sale it gives you the option to collect customer information. I asked my customers if they'd be happy for me to contact them and add them to my mailing list, and many of them entered their email address and first name into the PayPal Here app.

How do I access this information? I can't find a way to retrieve it.

Many thanks

sikahn

Login to Me Too
29 REPLIES 29

procat
New Community Member

johny r

hello!! 

was doing a seach for how to collect customer data via paypal here -- and i saw this thread -- 

cool thing is it seems i'm in the same business as you -- providing DVD recording of an event 

would love to chat with you about the whole business, we are in the US, so there won't be a prob with competition!

my direct email is 

info at  procatav.com 

please send me an email, so we can start chatting about this crazy business we are in!!! 

thx

mark

Login to Me Too

SamWT

Any update here?

Login to Me Too

WykenSeagrave
Contributor
Contributor

I haven't tried this on a real customer yet, but I think I have found a way to link a customer's details with a transaction using Paypal Here. This is essential for my business, which is to take orders while mobile and then fulfil them or provide follow-up contact at a later stage.

First, go to your Contact app and enter the customer's details.

Then go to Paypal Here and create the sale and accept the payment.

Send an email receipt if the customer wants one.

You then have the option to enter the customer data. Go into the screen. Next to the customer email you have a + sign which allows you to retrieve the email from your contacts. Do this. It might also retrieve the customers name, but will not retrieve anything else from your contact list.

Don't bother to enter the rest of the information. 

This email is the key to link between the sale and the customer, both of which you now have. This is the vital information which Paypal is failing to provide.

With a little effort you can then retrieve the information eletronically.

Login to Me Too

showmecontent
Contributor
Contributor

Agree! I want to send customer thank you notes and follow-up interactions so they can find me again. Silly you're using and collecting my customer's information. It's in the database. Add this service for us to leverage and expand our businesses so they bring more to you too!

Login to Me Too

MaisonCurate
New Community Member

This discussion started back in 2014. Is there really no solution yet?

Could Paypal comment on the latest status of this please? 

Thank you

Login to Me Too

SillyTopHat
New Community Member

So, after a busy weekend taking orders to be fulfilled this week I discover there is no way to easily import the data from paypal here to a spread sheet.

This is going to result in delays in dispatch, potential data errors, a mass of wasted time.

If I had known this was the case I would have looked at using a different system.

Paypal you said this was a priority in 2015!!!  Two years later nothing.  Come On!

Login to Me Too

CuriousGeorge21
Contributor
Contributor
It's awful! They aren't even in order of date so it's impossible to just keep updating your calendar bracts manually. I did manage to cut and paste to a spreadsheet if that helps any.
Login to Me Too

Clumsy
New Community Member
This really is annoying why the **bleep** would you not display the info if the customer opted to give you the info wtf priority??? PayPal you are using your monopoly on this industry distatstfuly by ignoring your loyal customers....
Login to Me Too

IMGUY
New Community Member

This is insane that there'd be no easy way to export your PayPal Here customer's email addresses.

SHAME PAYPAL! SHAME!

Login to Me Too

mdfoodbank
Contributor
Contributor

This is ridiculous. We are a non-profit and should definitely have a way to thank our donors for donating to us at our events by way of email. This issue has been open for 3 YEARS now and not resolved?! #paypalfail

Looking into Square...

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.