PayPal Here - Collect customer information - how to retrieve it?

sikahn
New Community Member

Hi 

I used my PayPal Here card reader for the first time over the weekend and I'm really happy with it.

I have one question - after you've made a sale it gives you the option to collect customer information. I asked my customers if they'd be happy for me to contact them and add them to my mailing list, and many of them entered their email address and first name into the PayPal Here app.

How do I access this information? I can't find a way to retrieve it.

Many thanks

sikahn

Login to Me Too
29 REPLIES 29

PayPal_Siobhán

Hi JonnyR, 

Appreciate your feedback on this, again this is a feature we are working on and I will be sure to update this thread as soon as it becomes available. 

Here's a link to where you can leave feedback with our developers directly https://developer.paypal.com/developer/support 

Siobhan 

Login to Me Too

NatureHeals
Contributor
Contributor

it's only compatible with 'COnstant COntact' not Maichimp etc. you need a constant contact account then in your business setting in your app you will nee dto log in, then you will collect their info through this third party service, PayPal itself wont collect the info for you.

Login to Me Too

MichaelAnthony
Contributor
Contributor
Is this feature still unavailable? Although my credit card reader said approved after processing, I save my customers information but cannot find it! Which is very unfortunate and upsetting because the funds were never deposited into my account!! How does THAT happen??? 😡 Needless to say, I will be contacting PayPal customer service to voice my concerns!
Login to Me Too

ElTato
New Community Member

Customer information you collected is included in every order at the end.

Good luck

Felipe

Login to Me Too

MichaelAnthony
Contributor
Contributor
Not true, Felipe. PayPal has no way to retrieve ANY customer information that is saved using PayPal Here.
Login to Me Too

JonnyR
Contributor
Contributor

Is there still no update for this? I had over 300 customers in the past week for an event and have to look at the ipad each time and data enter it into an excel spreadsheet each time 😞

Login to Me Too

ncmedical
New Community Member

We could really use this feature as well ... I'm surprised that we can't do anything with the information that we collect. Here are some suggestions:

Display it on the packing list

Display it on the invoice

Display it on the order when viewing it online

Export it on the CSV download

Why do you have a way to collect this information if it never makes it outside of the app?

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Siobhán

Hi JonnyR,

@ncmedical 

Thank you for posting. I am afraid for now we don't have an update on this feature but I can assure you it is being worked on as a priority. I will update the community forum as soon as I have a set timeframe from the PayPal Here team. 

Siobhan

Login to Me Too

CuriousGeorge21
Contributor
Contributor

This is a disaster. The email has to be stored somewhere because I am able to send tracking info later through pay pal, right? I really need these email addresses. I met someone this weekend that uses the competitor's and she is able to retrieve it. This is very upsetting. 

Login to Me Too

JonnyR
Contributor
Contributor

Sorry Curious George, Paypal don't listen, just more interested in getting more expensive card readers out!

I had the same problem redently, over 2,000 customers i had to re-write information out again from my iPad to Excel 😞

Who are the competitors? I might have to move!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.