Parcel Lost in Post - What do I do???

SerendipityFae
Contributor
Contributor

Hi there,

I recently purchased an item from France using Paypal.  It was sent to me using express international delivery via Colissimo.  Tracking shows it arrived safely in the UK, that it was cleared by customs and that it was in the international hub being processed.  Needless to say this parcel hasn't arrived. 

I contacted Parcelforce who looked into this and later confirmed that the parcel had been lost in their system.  They advised me to contact the seller in order that they may file a claim on my behalf.  I did as advised and the seller initiated a claim with Colissimo accordingly.  Communications with the seller have been a little difficult as i don't speak French, and they don't speak English.  I chased the matter up via email today - from what I can gather the seller has not heard back from Colissimo as yet - but they offered me store credit amounting to the cost of the good.  They did not however offer to refund the postage costs - which were quite substantial - and would have to be paid again if I decide to use this credit.  This doesn't seem right to me!? 

I am wondering whether given the circumstances I should file a dispute via Paypal.  Any advice you can offer would be greatly apprecaited - thanks 🐵

Login to Me Too
14 REPLIES 14

betrieb
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks mate. Much appreciated

Login to Me Too

cord60
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for the telephone number that was very useful. Ive been expecting a parcel from France via Colissimo it said on the tracking that its at the North Plaform, I presume to go in the Channel tunnel. Its been there for 11 days. The lady on the phone (broken English) said it might be stuck in customs and for the sender to open a claim with Colissimo.

ALl  might not be lost, I hope not as they were rare antiques and a terrible blow if lost. Never again will I let anyone send me Colissimo. Should have used DHL or FedEx.

**bleep**

Login to Me Too

mandraka
New Community Member

Never again will I let anyone send me parcel by Colissimo. They should use DHL or FedEx.

Totally agree!

I was also expecting a parcel from France by Colissimo. As I tracked my shipment  on the Colissimo website it said that they tried to deliver it twice, but I was not at home ( I was, but this is not the point ) they did not leave any delivery note and they also did not try to contact me on my phone  number either. I was given a phone number where I have contacted Colissimo customer service on +33 810 821 821. They hardly speak English, but with difficulty they told me that my parcel is now in England so I should contact and ask the Parcel Force (English partner of the Colissimo) and I did that. I called them and I visited them in person as well. But I was informed that they DO NOT KNOW about my parcel. It is not with them or with the tracking number I was given by Colissimo they do not reckognise it.

So nobody knows where my parcel is....What can I do????

Login to Me Too

highendprospect
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, I recently paid 360 euros for an item on ebay using paypal, the seller was suppose to ship express mail and assured me that it would be here in a week with signed delivery confirmation. It has been 15 days, the colissmo tracking # said on the 25th of November that it had left the country of france and is still in transit. I have done a little investigating trying to find out more about colissmo and apparently some people from france have been using colissmo shipping and selling things on ebay and sending them to addresses that have the same zip code so they get delivery confirmation and it covers them. The seller keeps telling me he sent it, he provided me with the tracking #, he sent me pictures of the receipt and package, the funny thing is when you zoom in on the picture, you can only make out the first 4 #s then it gets faded. I purchased a basketball card that was graded and has an identification # on it, about a month ago that same card sold on ebay from a guy in austrailia, so I contacted him and inquired if he remembered who and where he sold it to and told him i thought i was being scammed. He replied back to me, yes it was his card and that i was not being scammed. Something just doesn't feel right. What should I do , go to the resolution center on ebay, paypal, I would realy like to not lose the near $00 I invested in it ?

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Siobhan2

Hi highendprospect,

Thank you for contacting the PayPal Community Forum and welcome as a new member! 

If you have not received the item please open a dispute through the PayPal Account by following these steps - http://ow.ly/YAJlo

- Siobhan                         

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.