Not receiving emails from PayPal

EMFields
Contributor
Contributor

Hi folks

We've been operating paypal on our website for a fair few years now, and in general very few issues.

However about 2 weeks ago, we stopped receiving payment confirmation emails.

I've checked my account settings - they are set up with the correct email addresses - I've tested the email accounts - no errors, and we're receiving all the other emails with no problems. They aren't going to spam, they simply aren't being received.

Is the issue at PayPal's end, because it's not at ours!

Login to Me Too
155 REPLIES 155

igmaynard
Contributor
Contributor

Since my post on 20 August, the notification emails started up again about 3 or 4 days later and I have not had any problems since.

A friend of mine who knows about such things says that the problem is likeley to be "upstream" from the Paypal outgoing mail server(s). At some point in the chain, long before it reaches our in-boxes, one of the many spam filters decides that there are too many notification messages coming from the same source, and they get black-listed, and therefore not delivered at all. 

If this is the case, it is down to Paypal to get themselves de-listed from the relevant black lists. No easy task I would imagine.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_david

Hey guys,

Are you still receiving difficulties with receiving email notifications from PayPal?
If you try following the steps as advised by ScarabChris on adding the PayPal email address, that should help.

If you have done this and you are still not receiving email notifications, can I also ask if you have tried contacting your email service provider to ask them if they have been experiencing difficulties recently?

David.

Login to Me Too

talos_crete
Contributor
Contributor

The problem is NOT new and the problem is not with our email accounts. The first time, I changed my email but problem not solved. Then, after some days started again to receive emails. But now the problem continues exist for very long. The problem is to paypal mail servers. And is only with emails for money received. It is obviously that is your problem and stop to pretend that it is our.
If you do not want to resolve it, do not waist our time suggesting ineffective solutions. Just try to resolve problem. If you insist that problem is with our email servers, then contact some of them (like gmail, yahoo, etc) and find why we cannot receive messages.

Login to Me Too

ScarabChris
Contributor
Contributor

Still not getting any payment notification emails! I can't take it anymore.

Login to Me Too

talos_crete
Contributor
Contributor

They Don't Care...

Login to Me Too

ScarabChris
Contributor
Contributor

MY GOD PAYPAL GET THIS PROBLEM FIXED ALREADY!!!!! WHY CAN'T YOU PEOPLE FIX THIS CRAP SO I CAN GET MY NOTIFICATION EMAILS??? YOU PEOPLE ARE MAKING MY WORK DAY MORE TIME CONSUMING AND FRUSTRATING!!!

Login to Me Too

sterlinghawk
Contributor
Contributor

moderator, this is not an ISP issue, it is a email server issue at Paypal

Login to Me Too

sterlinghawk
Contributor
Contributor

It is a member domain issue at paypal which basically is a server issue when sending out emails from memembers who have paid.  This is not a ISP issue nor is your ISP blocking the member paypal domain.  I would write the whole email out yet This message will not allow me to send it.

Basically a data capture needs to be put on the server to see why they go off into space, the emails from member.paypay.com

Login to Me Too

sterlinghawk
Contributor
Contributor

more specfically is anytime you receive an email from a paying customer it is from member.paypal.com, this means this needs a data capture tool at the server end hosting and send out emails from this domain.  This is not an ISP issue.  Seriously paypal, geez you will not let me put in an @ in between member and paypal but I think this audience gets the drift

T.

Login to Me Too

blade999
Contributor
Contributor

I've been trying to retrieve my password from Paypal... they say they sent an email, but it never gets received.

Been trying for a month or more.

Have paypal ever come up with a any sort of explanation or solution?

I probably already know the answer to my question (:

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.