Not receiving emails from PayPal

EMFields
Contributor
Contributor

Hi folks

We've been operating paypal on our website for a fair few years now, and in general very few issues.

However about 2 weeks ago, we stopped receiving payment confirmation emails.

I've checked my account settings - they are set up with the correct email addresses - I've tested the email accounts - no errors, and we're receiving all the other emails with no problems. They aren't going to spam, they simply aren't being received.

Is the issue at PayPal's end, because it's not at ours!

Login to Me Too
155 REPLIES 155

igmaynard
Contributor
Contributor

I've got the same problem. It started a few days ago. But here are a few strange things about it.

1) On our website we allow people to use Paypal buttons to "Add To Cart". We used to receive an enail notification but these stopped earlier this week.

2) However, on a test, I got someone to "Send Money" to my primary email address, and an email notification was received OK.

3) This morning I installed the Paypal app on my Android phone. A customer made a purchase through the website in the normal way, and the mobile app sent me a notification. But, again, no eMail was received.

If someone from Paypal is viewing this perhaps it will give your technical guys some pointers to fixing the bug.

Ian

Login to Me Too

PayPal_paula

Hi igmaynard,

Thanks so much for the details you have added. I will certainly send this information on to our technical team.

If you are still having issues with this please contact us directly so we can have it looked in to for you.

You can contact us via email, phone or through Twitter @AskPayPal or via Private Message on our Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/PayPalUK.

Thanks again,

Paula

Login to Me Too

GrahamMarsden
Contributor
Contributor

These are generally working now, however I have had some sales where the PayPal payment e-mail has been delayed by a couple of hours or even a couple of DAYS from the time the order was placed!

Login to Me Too

BBA2
Contributor
Contributor

So tech replied via phone last month... saying that they know of the problem, and "she" the tech also has a paypal acct which she also does not receive notifications...

So apparently, this is a known issue (as in another post here)... and no fix in place...

Login to Me Too

BlackSorrow
New Community Member

I just had the same problem. Paypal suddenly stopped sending me notification mails since Sep 7. Is there anyone having the same problem recently?

Login to Me Too

Sefi01

We are also having the same problem. Our server has been checked and it is not the problem. PayPal support first said they had corrected a problem with my settings (that were already correct) and since reporting this had not solved the problem, no reply from them.

1 week with no payment notifications now, have been happy with PayPal up till now but cannot continually check to see if orders have arrived. 

For such a big company surely someone should have prioritised this issue by now, we are paying for a service after all. 

Login to Me Too

PayPal_paula

Hi Sefi01,

Thanks for your post and welcome to the PayPal community forum.

I am sorry to hear that you have not been receiving our emails. Can you try adding "service@paypal.co.uk/com to your contact list on your email account. This can help emails come through that your email provider may be blocking.

Please let us know how you get on.

Paula

Login to Me Too

talos_crete
Contributor
Contributor

We receive ALL other emails from paypal. The problem exists ONLY with emails for money received.

Login to Me Too

ScarabChris
Contributor
Contributor

Paypal.......for the love of GOD....GET THIS PROBLEM FIXED!!!!!!!

This is what they are telling me when I send an email. Basically they are blaming me. Saying my email server is no good. Been using the same email server for years and started not getting payment notifications at the end of August. I got one notification last Monday and was hopeful it was fixed but it is not.

And to add insult to injury, now to see if I have orders coming in I have to sign into paypal 20-30 times a day where I am forced to be subjected to the HORRIBLE new format!

Get it together paypal, this is not iTunes and we are not a bunch of teenagers. We are trying to run a business!! If paypal doesn't get this worked out I will close my account and just do credit cards on my website.

Here is the paypal guy taking the comcast route and blaming the customer...

Thank you for contacting PayPal with your concern.

As far as the email notifications, please try adding SERVICE at PAYPAL dot COM to your contacts/safe list. If you are not receiving any of our emails after trying this, you will need to contact your email provider. Also, consider changing your primary email address on the PayPal account if this does not work. There may be a problem with our emails through that particular domain. Often it is best to use a common email domain like Yahoo, Gmail or Hotmail.

In regards to the new experience, PayPal plans to have everybody operating with the new layout by the beginning of next year and gradually you will find that you cannot use the classic layout without it reverting to the new experience. I encourage you to continue to leave feedback through the "Site Feedback" link under "More" next to the bell icon. The more feedback PayPal receives about the new layout, the better the odds of improvements and changes going forward.

Thank you for being part of the PayPal community.

Sincerely,
Ty
Merchant Services
PayPal

Login to Me Too

ScarabChris
Contributor
Contributor

Has anyone been getting the payment notification emails? I have had it with this nonsense! This is making it very time consuming to process orders. All I keep getting from paypal is "we are working on it" from some and others want to blame me. I can't stand it anymore.

PAYPAL>>>>>>FIX IT!!!!!!!!!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.