Not receiving emails from PayPal

EMFields
Contributor
Contributor

Hi folks

We've been operating paypal on our website for a fair few years now, and in general very few issues.

However about 2 weeks ago, we stopped receiving payment confirmation emails.

I've checked my account settings - they are set up with the correct email addresses - I've tested the email accounts - no errors, and we're receiving all the other emails with no problems. They aren't going to spam, they simply aren't being received.

Is the issue at PayPal's end, because it's not at ours!

Login to Me Too
155 REPLIES 155

sergio_aloud
New Community Member

I have the same problem from 3 weeks ago. I ´ve changed my email, and actually I didn´t received any email. Well, I receive 1 from any 10 orders... that´s too weird.

Did anybody find the solution? It´s not a server problem, cause I receive some messages. Thank you.

Login to Me Too

TheShowreel
New Community Member

After many years of Paypal working fine - today it stopped sending me "Notification" emails from clients who have paid.

Every other email I receive fine.

I have tried ALL suggestions here. No Joy!!

Paypal - Help!!!

Come on!!

Login to Me Too

gaborHU
Contributor
Contributor

I stopped receiving any PayPal emails about incoming payments in a few days ago. I'm using Gmail and I haven't changed any settings. And they're not in the junk folder.

Login to Me Too

markf8918
New Community Member

I have had this issue as well. It started after I had forgotten my password a few times, I now have my passwrod sorted but that email address still doesn't receive email addresses. It's very frustrating when PayPal contiually blame it on 3rd parties. It's clearly a programming problem.

Login to Me Too

UFW
Contributor
Contributor

I too am having the same issue.  Missing 5-15 payment confirmations daily!  Paypal will no longer investigate my requests.  They claim tech confirms emails are being sent and/or received.  Clearly this is an issue.  Would really like my 1+ hours back daily I've lost over the last 3 weeks manually finding/sorting/printing missing emails  Would gladly entertain any suggestions on how to fix this.  PAYPAL PAYMENT CONFIRMATIONS are the only emails I am not receiving.  All other emails coming thru fine!!!! 

Login to Me Too

PhilHornby
Contributor
Contributor

This started happened to me as well - at some point between the 18th and 27th March 2013. In my case, the reason emails weren't getting through, is because they were being rejected as 'spoofs'. Every email I receive from Paypal now fails its DomainKeys validation. Since this is only happening to Paypal emails, I find it hard to believe my mail server is at fault.

This seems to have coincided with the 'from' address being changed in the email. Previously, Paypal spoofed the customer's email address - now that appears as a 'reply-to', with the 'from' being set to a generic one. (The forum software won't let me enter the actual address!)

Anyone any idea how to report this to Paypal? - my attempts so far having elicited no response 😞

Login to Me Too

PhilHornby
Contributor
Contributor

I think I know what's going on...

Paypal have stopped signing their emails with Domainkeys, but have not updated the Domainkeys policy record.

The policy record says "Domain signs ALL email" ... so when they don't, any decent email server rejects the incoming message as an obvious forgery. Seemingly, no one at Paypal ever checks their outgoing mail server logs Smiley Sad

http://domainkeys.sourceforge.net/cgi-bin/check_policy?domain=paypal.com&Submit=Submit

Login to Me Too

LoftZone
New Community Member

Yes, exactly the same problem. Just suddenly happened with no changes at our end. PP has also stopped auto-notifying our e-commerce software, Open Cart, so that assumes all orders have not been paid for.

Come on PP, sort this out asap please!

Login to Me Too

XFTInternationa
New Community Member

Same thing on confirmation Emails, Lucky i know the problem is because I could monitor it on my own email server.

All emails are getting sent from paypal so they think its not them but its asking for SMTP authorization which it should not so it gets denied. I run the email server called H-Mail so i can watch what happens to incoming emails. I fixed it by changing a setting under,

'IP Ranges - My Computer' --> 'Require SMTP Authentication' and unticked 'External to local email addresses'

This fixed all my problems but im aware most of you guys simply don't have access to this but you can let your email provider know about this solution cause a lot use the email server 'H-Mail' on windows servers.

I hope this helps someone at least.

Cheers

Corey

Login to Me Too

PhilHornby
Contributor
Contributor

@XFTInternationa wrote:

This fixed all my problems but im aware most of you guys simply don't have access to this but you can let your email provider know about this solution cause a lot use the email server 'H-Mail' on windows servers.

Turning off the email server's security features, because of malformed emails from one company is hardly a fix anyway.

Paypal need to sort themselves out!!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.