Not receiving emails from PayPal

EMFields
Contributor
Contributor

Hi folks

We've been operating paypal on our website for a fair few years now, and in general very few issues.

However about 2 weeks ago, we stopped receiving payment confirmation emails.

I've checked my account settings - they are set up with the correct email addresses - I've tested the email accounts - no errors, and we're receiving all the other emails with no problems. They aren't going to spam, they simply aren't being received.

Is the issue at PayPal's end, because it's not at ours!

Login to Me Too
155 REPLIES 155

Pathoy
New Community Member

Hi, I'm having the same problem... I haven't even been able to receive the email from Pay Pal to confirm my email address, so it's been impossible for me to verify a payment from a buyer. Pay Pal tried to help solve the problem step by step but nothing worked, so they told me to call Yahoo...and  Yahoo told me is a Pay Pal malfunction. Does anyone know what to do in this case? 

Thank you.

Login to Me Too

pacificsun1
Contributor
Contributor

This has been going on for years ...  I say PayPal has not done ANYTHING to fix this continuing nightmare.

A SHOUT OUT TO PAYPAY ...  You handle peoples money.  You should be more responsible in fixing your failures.

It's a shameful display of arrogance to allow this to continue this long.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_david

Hi there BloomingLoopy,

This is a strange one to be honest. Are you sure that the email address that you are receiving payments to is selected as the primary email address on your account? 

If you are still facing issues, you could try contacting customer services and we can try to investigate it further on your behalf. 

If you contact customer services, we can investigate it further for you and try to determine exactly what the issue is and how we can try to get it resolved.

David.

Login to Me Too

orkneywind
Contributor
Contributor

Hello David,

I've just had an identical experience - over a period of three days I received payments for goods ordered from my website and every time emails were not sent out.  This is a difficult issue, and I'll have to go elsewhere If I can't rely on Paypal to let me know when money is received.  Just to confirm I am receiving emails when I change settings etc, but nothing is being sent out when money comes into my account. 

Richard

Login to Me Too

shazza61
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,Same problem as OP, stopped receiving any confirmation emails  over a week ago.Did everything suggested and still nothing.No problems at server end ,email address set up correctly,preferences checked,nothing in spam folder and all other email getting through. This is very frustrating having to log into ebay and Paypal website every day to keep up with my activity.

Login to Me Too

orkneywind
Contributor
Contributor

Update - after raising the issue in this forum, the fault has gone away!  I've now received two emails indicating payments received, one was a test payment to myself and the second was a real payment from a customer.  Looks like a programming error at Paypal.  Quite annoying really, as I now feel I can't trust the system and I'm now logging in each day to check if a payment has come in.  I use paypal for high value non-ebay transactions, if that makes a difference.

Login to Me Too

Absolutetri
New Community Member

I too am having the same problems with PayPal and it's causing me a real headache.

I operate 4 PayPal accounts - personal, a charity one, sports club and coaching business.

I am being constanlly fobbed off from PayPal - they are saying it is my e-mail!  I have different providers for each account and have contacted all of them.  There is no issue and they have all reported that many people are having the same issue with PayPal.

It is causing me a real headache as we are missing orders and also I am having to go in to the account to check what payments I have had and it's taking ages.

All of my settings are correct and they are all plain text.  Nothing I have done has made any difference. 

I am so glad that I am not the only one!

PayPal - please can you help!

Login to Me Too

alb60
New Community Member
I too am not receiving emails from PayPal. I don't use it very often and first of all I couldn't remember my password and I received none of the 'change password' emails (in spam or elsewhere). Then I managed to login and made the transaction but have not received any confirmation email. I wonder if I've blocked the PayPal email address as I get so many phishing emails with that address I don't know what is real or not but of course no one will tell me what the correct email is so I can't even check that. Anyone know the correct PayPal email? Anyone have similar problem? Anyone know how you can verify whether it's a genuine Paypal email as this is always what makes me so reluctant to use Paypal... thank you
Login to Me Too

Iamdudley
Contributor
Contributor

I'm having the same problem. I'm not getting a payment confirmation once I purchase something. PP advertisements come through just fine. PP has a problem.

Login to Me Too

UKSBD
Contributor
Contributor

Did anyone find a solution to this?

I'm having the same problem and not receiving an email when people use my Buy buttons.

I tried support but after being left on hold for 10 minutes+ gave up.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.