Not receiving emails from PayPal

EMFields
Contributor
Contributor

Hi folks

We've been operating paypal on our website for a fair few years now, and in general very few issues.

However about 2 weeks ago, we stopped receiving payment confirmation emails.

I've checked my account settings - they are set up with the correct email addresses - I've tested the email accounts - no errors, and we're receiving all the other emails with no problems. They aren't going to spam, they simply aren't being received.

Is the issue at PayPal's end, because it's not at ours!

Login to Me Too
155 REPLIES 155

sterlinghawk
Contributor
Contributor

try this and I hate to say this but check your junk mail.  More than likely anymore 99.9% of the time it is not junk mail issues.  So try this:  Change your email on Paypal, I know in the past sometimes some online websites would block my hotmail.com account but not my wavecable.com account.  So use another email and see if that helps.

Tracie

Login to Me Too

Herb1
New Community Member

We also have not been receiving some Payment Received e-mails from Paypal since December 2015. They say they are working on the issue, but the attitude of the person I spoke to on the phone, didn't leave me with much hope. This is costing my company money and time. Anybody have this issue, and it has been resolved? 

Login to Me Too

sterlinghawk
Contributor
Contributor

no nobody at Paypal will address this.  This is not a ISP issue but a Paypal issue

Login to Me Too

Waddi
New Community Member

Email notifications not coming through when people pay using paypal.me/xxxx and they have stopped confirming eBay payments probably because eBay and Paypal are no longer the same company. If the problem continues we'll have to stop offering Paypal as a form of payment. Direct Bank Deposit will be it. As for having a business account which costs more, paypal already get enough $$$. If they can't make do with the fees they already get from me then they won't be getting any more.

Login to Me Too

markosaurus
New Community Member

Same issue for us.  We've been using this account for a number of years with no issues.

A customer just contacted us saying they ordered something last week, and haven't received it.  That would be because we weren't notified about it!

It goes to a single email address which is forwarded at the server level to 5 x separate recipients, so I know it was never sent.

I have traced this back. (Expected) process should look like this;

1.) Customer buys product from our site using paypal generated buttons
2.) Customer pays through papal and email should be sent
3.) Email goes to our info@ address.
4.) Email is directed from domain to our server

5.) Passes through cloudflare to our server
6.) Server handles incoming mail at the account level and forwards to 5 x standalone accounts (some gmail, some hotmail, some yahoo mail).

It is not is spam folders (we've all checked), cloudflare is not filtering email, account level filtering has never been enabled.

I do not believe the email was ever sent.

Will probably need to follow this up with paypal as we'll need to change provider if they can't sort this.

Just thought you might like to know.

Source : I'm an enterprise level web developer, I build system like this for large multinational clients on a daily basis.  As someone already said, this needs to be tracked at the level of the paypal email dispatcher.

Thanks,

Mark

Login to Me Too

richosr
Contributor
Contributor

The past few days, emails from PayPal have stopped for me too. If I send an invoice, PayPal says it has been sent, but the recipient does not receive it, but it does appear in their PayPal account.

Also when a user pays in my shops or pays an invoice I no longer get any confirmation emails from PayPal.

It appears that their SMTP server is not functioning or perhaps they have been blacklisted and the emails are being blocked?

Steve

Login to Me Too

dgfshhsdgfhgds
Contributor
Contributor

This is also happening with me, this issue started last month and I thought I wasn't getting orders anymore but I am getting orders I'm just not getting the emails anymore.

not in spam

not in trash

not being filtered at all

i get other paypal emails

i used to get them

not anymore

did not change anything in paypal

looked at notification preferences, it is checked so i should be receiving them

but I am not getting any payment emails.

PLEASE FIX THIS ISSUE IS URGENT.

Login to Me Too

655MaPS
Contributor
Contributor

This started happening to us on 13th April. Spent hours on the phone to PayPal Help(less), two referrals to MTS, both immediately bounced back to PayPal Help(less), tried all the stupid spam box checks, whitelisted email domains, whitelisted IP addresses. Every time it's the same old story, different help(less) desk person, explain it all again.

STILL NO FIX !! 

I can only assume PayPal don't care!! Sick and tired of the whole thing and looking at taking our business elsewhere.

Login to Me Too

Martinahking51
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, same problem here (Southern UK), not getting PP notification of payment emails even though items are sold. I use these as part of our sytem and they are VITAL to our business. Very worrying that PP are not posting to this thread.

Login to Me Too

Martinahking51
Contributor
Contributor

Just talked to PP and the very nice lady has escalated this tio an urgent technical query. It would seem to be something to do with the PP emails that are routed via BT servers only. Are the other members here with this problem BT ISP users?

Martin

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.