My paypal account displays in French when I log in

jakeus
Contributor
Contributor

I am a UK resident with a UK account, but now when I log in, the language changes to French and I am stuck.

How do I fix this, and why did it happen? I recently made a purchase from someone with a French paypal account, but why would this change my paypal language?

Login to Me Too
21 REPLIES 21

chaz6

I was receiving payment sent notifications in Danish and I asked Paypal to fix it. They have now changed the interface language to french! To add insult to injury, when I managed to send a payment, I still received the notification message in Danish. I am very disappointed.

Login to Me Too

classicvinyl
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, I am in the USA but when I log in the site is in French.  Saw an old thread on this, so something must not be working right.  Thanks

Login to Me Too

Latinchic9277
New Community Member

Finally figured this one out on my own, after not getting anywhere searching for an answer.  I logged in after not using paypal for over a year and it appeared in French.  I don't read French, but because I speak and read English and Spanish was able to figure out how to change it back.  Log in as usual then go to Préférences, then click on Plus d'options.  Then there is a box on the left and the third one down says Mes paramétres.  Click on that and scroll down to the second to last option that says langue.  Click all the way on the right at the end where it says Mettre á jour.  It will take you to a screen where you can choose English as your language and  click on Enregistrer (the orange box).

That should do it!!!!

Login to Me Too

ForeverWhovian
New Community Member

thanks for your post it helped alot!

Login to Me Too

Niffer
New Community Member

Thank God, you are the only one with an answer that can help me.  I couldn't even navigate to find that, because I couldn't understand anything in French!!

Login to Me Too

FatSteve
New Community Member

The problem with French seems to have been solved.  NOW, when I pay using PayPal through another vendor, it will only display in Italian.  Unfortunately, I don't read (or speak) Italian, so I can't make the purchase.  Even when using another program to translate and work my way through the site, it still insists that I put in an address in Italy - which won't work with my credit card company - at least I hope not.  Interestingly enough, the drop-down menu at the top doesn't seem to have an option for the country in which I live (Uzbekistan, yes.  USA, no). 

Login to Me Too

Makeybussines
New Community Member

DK-citizen, DK-IP, US-EN browser/system language... PayPal displays in French for me. Why is it not possible to change the language from a drop-down menu?

Login to Me Too

alanbristol
New Community Member

I have this problem  - paypal in french - and the previous solution - langue preference does not appear on my preferences menu so I am stuck. This changed on its own over a year ago which is why I stopped using paypal - not being  a French speaker - What are paypal doing about this?

Login to Me Too

kmtunafish
New Community Member

I am in the US and mine is now displaying in french....luckily my rudimentry spanish is helping me navigate through the steps but its not well enough to fix it

Login to Me Too

Collymore
Contributor
Contributor
My account went french a year ago, it still is and paypal still doing **bleep**all to fix it...
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.